Pregnant and on MFP

Options
Hello!
My husband and I are thinking about having another baby and I was just curious if anyone has ever been pregnant and successfully done MFP???

let me know!
thanks.
~C

Replies

• scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You only need about 300 additional calories a day. I think it might go up a bit for later in the pregnancy - but not to more than 500. Basically, what ever the baby needs, he or she is going to take from you. You will be the one to suffer - not the baby. Lol! My Dr. put me on a 2000 calorie diet when I was PG.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    talk to your dr about how many extra calories you should be consuming while pregnant and just keep track of it = ) i wish i would of while preggo both times, i probably wouldnt of gained so much weight!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can check with your doctor or find a really trustworthy website to find out how many calories to add each trimester, and which foods to be sure to add. you can set your own goals on mfp.
    best of luck!!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    talk to your dr about how many extra calories you should be consuming while pregnant and just keep track of it = ) i wish i would of while preggo both times, i probably wouldnt of gained so much weight!
    and congrats btw!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy! I think as long as you maintain the activity you have now you only need to increase your calories by about 500 per day for the baby. Talk with your doctor though. Remember you are supposed to gain around 30 pounds in the next 8 months.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

You can totally use MFP to help you with your pregnancy. I got pregnant on MFP too after losing weight (but sadly miscarried at 9.5 weeks). BUT, I took my food diary to my OB and she loved that I was eating healthy. She told me I didn't have to increase my cals until 2nd trimester and then I would need about 300 more cals per day. So I went from 1500 to 1800 anyway (I wanted to eat more!), she said I could go a little higher if I wanted, but I was scared and she said not to worry we would just monitor my weight at my OB appointments and worry about it then if we needed too and that baby gets what it needs first.

Just make sure to keep eating clean and lots of nutrient dense foods (my morning sickness made me want CARBS all the time).

Anyway, we hope to try again soon - but have to wait 2 months after the D and C. :(

Feel free to add me if you'd like.

DISCLAIMER: This is what my doctor said for ME. Of course, it's best to ask YOUR doctor what is best for YOU. This is just my personal experience.
  • peasbeaz
    peasbeaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I, too, have been wondering this, as I've been off and on MFP for about a year now. I've learned sooo much about eating and my behavoral habits behind my eating habits that I feel like I will HAVE TO log while pregs otherwise I'll go way over!!!! (Gained 53lbs with first child, 30 with second and hope to gain only 25 tops with the soon-to-be (hoping) pregnancy! Feel free to add me!
  • silky04
    Options
    Its good to share all stuff related to pregnancy at one forum.We tend to learn from others experience and that's a wonderful and a delightful thought.
    Visit http://www.divinewellness.com to know more and share stuff regarding pregnancy.