Protein shake

Options
How is the best way to prepare it? Mine says mix with water and that isn't the best.

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    I like to add almond milk and Better 'n Peanut Butter in a blender bottle (they are seriously amazing) and drink it that way. It's great for breakfast. If you want more flavor, add a banana or other fruits. Extremely filling, and I usually have it for breakfast.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    what brand of Protein Shake do you buy?

i use Myoplex Lite, either the Strawberry or Chocolate...both are good!

i just mix with water...i always put a few ice cubes in since they taste so much better if they are really cold...

adding milk seems to add too many calories...
  • arispawild
    Options
    what brand of Protein Shake do you buy?

i use Myoplex Lite, either the Strawberry or Chocolate...both are good!

i just mix with water...i always put a few ice cubes in since they taste so much better if they are really cold...

adding milk seems to add too many calories...

GNC natural vanilla
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always make mine with nonfat milk and frozen cherries so it's cold like a milkshake. I blend the milk and cherries on the ice crusher speed on the blender before putting in the protein powder and then blending it on puree. I usually also add a banana to make it smooth and creamy.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Depends if you want more calories. I use slender soy no sugar added, optimum nutrition milk chocolate whey protein, ground flax, 1/2 banana and berries. You can make it anyway you want, depends on what your goals are.

Diana
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I haven't began using them yet, but Fitnessista.com has a few recipes for them.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I prefer to mix mine with fat free milk (or almond milk).

My boyfriend mixes his with fat free milk (or almond milk), peanut butter, oatmeal and a banana. It is delicious. :)
  • aslimmerme_smh
    aslimmerme_smh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GNC has a great protein powder called Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. The chocolate is really good & I am pretty finicky about protein shakes. Only 93 cals/4 oz. drink. Great mixed with water (which I never liked them mixed with water before) :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    if you add a little frozen fruit and use a blender it gets all frothy
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    They all taste like crap with just water...

Based on the flavor ...try these options:

soy milk
    skim milk
    almond milk
    diet v8 splash
    decaf cold coffee
    crystal light
    mio water
    powerade zero

I usually use 1 cup almond milk, 2 cups water or cold decaf, 1 scoop chocolate and some sf hazelnut creamer or sf flavored torani syrups --- or just some pumpkin pie spice.

Diet V8 Splash tropical + Jay Robb Pina Colada protein === yummy
  • MarshaDunsmoor
    Options
    I use Whey Protein strictly for the protein intake and don't want added calories, so I use water, shake it and chug it. It doesn't taste 'good' but it's gone in 5 seconds...........:wink:
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    I use casein protien from GNC, Peanut Butter flavor with water and it tastes really good.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I use Whey Protein strictly for the protein intake and don't want added calories, so I use water, shake it and chug it. It doesn't taste 'good' but it's gone in 5 seconds...........:wink:

If you get the right protein it's not many calories.
    Mine with almond milk is only 140 calories, 3g carg, 28g protein
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like mixing mine with Greek yogurt, skim milk, and frozen berries/cherries in the blender.

Also, I looked through your food diary you seem to eat a lot of oatmeal, so I also suggest this: add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to instant oats. It tastes fantastically good and creamy, and it really keeps me full for hours!
  • I drink bsn brand it has a good taste, I mix it with 2%milk first thing in the morning and right after hitting the gym?