On the wings of a Dove (closed group)

Options
Hi Ladies!
I had hoped to put off posting our first thread until we had all our members, but we seem to be struggling to get that last member to join! A couple of you have mentioned a friend or relative who might be interested, but as I've not heard from any one, I'm guessing they have decided not to join us. Our challenge starts the 1st, which is just under 2 weeks away, so we have time,but do need to find one more person!
So to start us off, I am hoping you all friended each other...with the right names! Sorry for the typos, I really thought I was being careful! I would like us all to introduce ourselves here. Tell us something about yourself that is not on your profile :)

I'll start. My name is Jeanette and I am a dance teacher and Zumba instructor. I have two beautiful daughters who are grown (18 and 20) but who are still living at home. I am married to a wonderful man who supports me in my wild little schemes (or brings me down to reality) and who has taken care of me through serious illness. I am returning to school after a 22 year break,

I am looking forward to working with you all and getting to know you a little better!

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm Becky! And I did the Row the World Challenge! It was extremely motivating for me and I reached goals I didn't think I could reach and even went beyond what was even a thought in my mind to achieve. Summer being over and being back to subbing has made it difficult to keep up with the workout I was getting, so it's been a struggle, I am hoping that Flying around the World will help me to push through the after work period of being tired and just wanting to snack, so I can reach my calorie burn goals for the day.
  • kassied09
    Options
    Hello Jeanette and Becky! :D Nice to get to know you both. My name is Kassie. I am going to school for sign language interpreter technician and that is one of the only things during my days that takes up a large chunk of time. I try to spend at least an hour at the gym every day doing (mostly) cardio workouts. This group will definitely keep me motivated and reaching toward my goals! Good luck to everyone :D
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello again...we have our final member! Please friend request, or accept a friend request from Kaytlynn95. Welcome!
  • lizzragland
    Options
    Yay!...So excited for this! (:
  • Kaytlynn95
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kaytlynn, and i'm 16 years old. Iv'e always struggled with my weight. During my 7th grade year, i was at my very tiniest, until last year is when i started gaining more weight. And became really depressed. I'm hoping this challenge will help motivate me, because i know that motivation is a key thing i need!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!(:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad you are joining us!
    Hi everyone! My name is Kaytlynn, and i'm 16 years old. Iv'e always struggled with my weight. During my 7th grade year, i was at my very tiniest, until last year is when i started gaining more weight. And became really depressed. I'm hoping this challenge will help motivate me, because i know that motivation is a key thing i need!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!(:
  • NanseaLynn
    NanseaLynn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay my turn (sorry for the delay). My name is Nancy, I have two grown sons, ages 25 and 23 and I always was referred to as the single mom.. So yeah, since they are grown am I still a single mom. hmmm a question to ponder.
    Two of my friends and I are going on a cruise in January....yay! I cannot wait. So that is my motivation to lose this weight!
    Oh yeah and DeeBoreAh... she is my little sister!
  • kassied09
    Options
    It is nice being able to see the team we have here :D I am stoked to get this going!
  • DeeBoreAh
    Options
    Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply on this...

I am a 44 year old mom of 2. Katis is 10 and Josh is 8.

I work full time and then some...lol

I want to be healthier for myself but also for my kids !!

Big sis NanseaLynn hooked me up with this site and I am loving it !!