Good bye plus size.....

Options
For those who have succeeded in getting out of the plus size stores to shop for clothing , what weight were you when you hit that milestone?(please include your height as well) I am still dreaming of that day, I am 5'3 and 233 pounds.

Replies

• 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    5'4"

Just got to all regular sizes last week. I started around where you are and it took me over 5 calendar years (with a major illness in the middle hampering the fitness journey).

It feels as good as you imagine.
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    215lbs - 6ft tall - that's when I got back into a 14 - before I started MFP I was 225-230 and a very tight size 16
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    5'4"

Just got to all regular sizes last week. I started around where you are and it took me over 5 calendar years (with a major illness in the middle hampering the fitness journey).

It feels as good as you imagine.
    Congratulations! That is fantastic! I can hardly wait.
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'2
    185...teetering on 16W, in pants, but tops are out of the Plus size!!
    Started at 221, size 22W..just got done organizing my closet again!
    Got rid of my Plus sizes and 22W pants!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    5'2
    185...teetering on 16W, in pants, but tops are out of the Plus size!!
    Started at 221, size 22W..just got done organizing my closet again!
    Got rid of my Plus sizes and 22W pants!
    WTG! What a great feeling!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    215lbs - 6ft tall - that's when I got back into a 14 - before I started MFP I was 225-230 and a very tight size 16
    Wonderful!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and started at 231

Around 220 my 18W pants fit

around 215 my 18 fit

around 212 I tried on size 16 to see how far I had to go. They were tight but I could zip them without laying on bed and wriggling

at 202 I am firmly in 16s with loose fitting 18s and I can get 14s on but not zipped!

Shirts have gone from a 2X to a large and sometimes a medium!

You are knocking on the door! Go to a store and try them on and see!

I came out of the dressing room after trying on 16 and the lady said find anything? and I broke into tears!

here's my story

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340584-i-cried-at-the-store-today?hl=i+cried+at+the+store
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4. I started MFP a year ago at 178 and wearing size 16. Before that, I had been up to 18/20 and little higher. (about 11-12 years ago) I was around 189 -193 or so back then. I lost 20-25 pounds and got down to 175 and then stayed there (more or less) until a year ago. I don't exactly know WHEN I got out of the plus sizes, but I am a size 8 now. (its still hard to believe it). The point of my rambling is to tell you that it can be done. I did it slowly, over a year, but I am almost at my goal now. Doing it slowly made it seem easier for me.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    I am 5'6 and started at 231

Around 220 my 18W pants fit

around 215 my 18 fit

around 212 I tried on size 16 to see how far I had to go. They were tight but I could zip them without laying on bed and wriggling

at 202 I am firmly in 16s with loose fitting 18s and I can get 14s on but not zipped!
    Shirts have gone from a 2X to a large and sometimes a medium!
    What a great story! Thank you so much for sharing!

You are knocking on the door! Go to a store and try them on and see!

I came out of the dressing room after trying on 16 and the lady said find anything? and I broke into tears!

here's my story

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340584-i-cried-at-the-store-today?hl=i+cried+at+the+store
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    Sorry my reply is in the middle of your post, lol
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    I am 5'4. I started MFP a year ago at 178 and wearing size 16. Before that, I had been up to 18/20 and little higher. (about 11-12 years ago) I was around 189 -193 or so back then. I lost 20-25 pounds and got down to 175 and then stayed there (more or less) until a year ago. I don't exactly know WHEN I got out of the plus sizes, but I am a size 8 now. (its still hard to believe it). The point of my rambling is to tell you that it can be done. I did it slowly, over a year, but I am almost at my goal now. Doing it slowly made it seem easier for me.
    That is so great! Thank you!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    You are getting there! I would go to the fitting room and see where you are! Let us know what happens!
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    I am 5'5 started at 257 and a size 22w....

now at 226 and in a 20w.

I am obviously still in plus, and I can't wait until the W's are GONE.
  • aehealey
    Options
    5'7"
    Current weight 226
    Just went shopping today and I almost cried, I bought a FITTED, non-stretch skirt in size 14!!!! I went from a size 22 at 272 to a 14! I also bought a pair of jeans in a 13/14, juinors size! I don't think I've ever been a juniors 13/14.
  • ASUAlumniMamaof2
    Options
    I am 5'2 & started @ 219lbs in a size 22/xxl and I am now 143.5lbs and in a size 8 (can put on and button/zip a size 6 but have the dreaded muffin top) and small/medium.

I think I got out of plus size (meaning could no longer shop at lane bryant) around 170-ish/160-ish pounds?
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    5'7
    SW - 237
    CW - 193

Started out March 2011 in a tight 20W (we're talking T-I-G-H-T). About 2.5 weeks ago I got into a regular size 16 jeans at old Navy. Yesterday I wore a size large shirt for the first time since high school. :D

I have not had to shop in a specialty store or department since July.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!