Wal-Mart clothes hate me!!!

Options
I feel like I have been working my butt off these past couple of months but I don't feel like it's made much of a difference. I went to Wal-Mart today to try on some clothes and well when it comes to stretchy pants I'm a large so I guess I just assumed I would be a size 14 so I go to the jean section and tried on every different kind of size 14's that I could. Only a couple fit around the hips and legs but very tight and the rest just plain didn't fit. What is going on. The scale still seems to be going down slowly. I am just sooo bummed about the whole thing. Do I look at a different store? I was like an 18-20 but that was when I was pregnant and I have been a 16 it feels like forever. What is wrong with me am I shaped weird?

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yes, look somewhere else! Wal Mart clothes are cheaply made. No judgement, I buy them too! But i always have to go a size bigger. I think it is just the way they make their stuff
  • KrisGonzales
    Options
    Ive always noticed that WMs clothes runs really small! Try another store I always find good fitting jeans at jcpennys
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Try Kmart or Target. Their clothes are cut a little better for people with any shape.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :heart: Don't feel too bad. Walmart clothes tend to look craptastic on everyone. Try Target instead.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My favorite store is Cato!
  • loverachel18
    Options
    WM clothes do run smaller. I use to get clothes there and it always had to be in a bigger size.
  • rechelle7
    Options
    I have to agree with the others. In my experience, WM clothes have never run true to size and are just horribly made. I tend to go frequent Kohl's and I love the Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans (Amanda style) Check them out. I know for me it takes lots of loss to show in my size. Where my friends go down a size when they've lost 15lbs, I must lose 30 or more in order to drop. It's frustrating but I've learned to accept my curves. :0)
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Walmart clothes don't carry the best brands. Not flattering, don't judge by that. I agree, try Target, they carry some better brands. Marshall's actually has a decent athletic section, prices may be even lower than Target.

Good luck!

Lucy
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Warehouse One. Instead of sizes, they have measurements, like men's pants. It also depends on the brands. Sizing is different everywhere.
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is my top choice... reasonable prices, cute styles, lots of variety and colors. I don't like to spend a lot on clothes especially since I'm not at goal but always walk away happy from Old Navy. Good Luck!!!
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just started being able to buy clothes at "normal" stores and not plus size. Try Old Navy, I am wearing a size 18 right now but at Old Navy I am getting into a 16. They have great sales all the time as well so if your like me I go out of clothes sizes quickly and don't want to spend a ton on new stuff. Good Luck! :)
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Instead of the clothes hating you, YOU should hate them. As previously said, Target and Kohls are comparable in price but are worlds away from Walmart when it comes to quality. And I have also found that I have to lose quite a bit of weight to drop a size. And there are people who are shorter, weigh more & wear a smaller size than me! Don't be discouraged, you're doing great things for your body & def moving in the right direction no matter what the numbers say. :)
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Most of my body (butt and thighs) are probably a 14 by now but my tummy is still all jiggly (thanks kids) and easily a size bigger. Even though my 16s are loose I'm not a 14 yet!!!

Keep up the good work and just keep working at it!!!