More than 50lb to lose and doing 30DS?

Options
Pushing through the pain in the beginning of Level 1 was an awesome feeling. But, 3 days in to Level 2 I'm starting to feel like this workout isn't for me. I used to look forward to my workouts in Level 1, but I dread waking up to a new day of Level 2. Today I could only get through the 2nd circuit of Level 2 before I stopped. :ohwell:

I know I'd be a fool to quit, but I just feel sort of defeated right now.

Anyone else with 50 or more pounds to lose suffering through this DVD??

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 214, did 30DS at about 230 and made it through. Level 2 was the worst, but it did get better, and Level 3 was great. You can totally do this!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    exercise shouldn't be suffering. Dump JM and find something else. Maybe running is your thing. Or Zumba (that looks like so much fun) But if you dread the exercise, it doesn't get done. Don't make yourself do something you dont like. JM is good but she's not the holy grail of exercise. there are so many other things you can be trying.
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I had 75lbs to go the first time I did it. I didn't see much in the weight loss, but I saw TONS of changes in my body....keep with it the end results are totally worth it.
  • deeutz68
    Options
    Wow, I've got way more than 50lbs to lose and was thinking of getting 30DS but if you are having difficulty with just 50lbs to lose than I would be in trouble. Did you have to go to level 2 or could you have stayed with level 1 for another couple of days? I mean you might not be right on track with the 30DS but at least at level 1 it had you up and moving, right?
  • hello_cupcake
    Options
    Wow, I've got way more than 50lbs to lose and was thinking of getting 30DS but if you are having difficulty with just 50lbs to lose than I would be in trouble. Did you have to go to level 2 or could you have stayed with level 1 for another couple of days? I mean you might not be right on track with the 30DS but at least at level 1 it had you up and moving, right?

I have more than 50 to lose. Ideally, I'd like to lose about 85.. but I'm already 15 pounds down, so, 60 now.

Jillian says to move up a Level "when you're ready". I'm just thinking maybe I'm not ready.. My goal was to do ten days on each level, so a backtrack to the first Level after being 3 days into the second just wouldn't be good for my morale. :)

Level 1 is TOUGH at first. After the first day, my quads were screaming. It hurt to sit, I was walking funny.. it was awful BUT.. on day 4, that was gone (and I did the workout through the pain, every day). I'm hoping for the same with Level 2. I'm going to give it a few more days and if I still can't do it properly, I'll revise my plan from there.
  • hello_cupcake
    Options

I have more than 50 to lose. Ideally, I'd like to lose about 85.. but I'm already 15 pounds down, so, 60 now.

Jillian says to move up a Level "when you're ready". I'm just thinking maybe I'm not ready.. My goal was to do ten days on each level, so a backtrack to the first Level after being 3 days into the second just wouldn't be good for my morale. :)

Level 1 is TOUGH at first. After the first day, my quads were screaming. It hurt to sit, I was walking funny.. it was awful BUT.. on day 4, that was gone (and I did the workout through the pain, every day). I'm hoping for the same with Level 2. I'm going to give it a few more days and if I still can't do it properly, I'll revise my plan from there.

Ah! 70 pounds to go! Math fail! :laugh:
  • Arturojaquez
    Arturojaquez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried every dvd out there and they all push so much and most of them are catered to people who are already in some what good shape.. I found a couple exercises I enjoy doing and wrote up a 4 day routine that works for me... and i enjoy working out everyday... for those 4 days then rest one day then start it back up again...
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I still have 80 Lbs I would like to lose, and just started 30DS today..... I have read a lot of people say how hard Level 2 is, but they all SWEAR that it got easier as the days went by, and eventually Level 3 was the best for them...... No where is saying that you MUST pass to Level 2 once you hit 10 days of Level 1.... I would either stay a few more days on Level 1 until you feel you are better prepared for a harder level. But I dont think I would quit.... Maybe it will take you 40 days to complete it, but from the before and after pics - the body changes are amazing.

Do whatever works for you ! :drinker:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It is sooo worth it to stick it out! I did it in July at 229lbs.....and I only lost 5 lbs but lost 24 inches all over and went down a size!! Keep pushing thru....take measurements!!