how am i supposed to eat enough cals...?

Options
ive been searching recipes and making my grocery list. ive found recipes for foods i've never tried before (yet they sound/look delish). Then I started looking at the cals per meal...everything I chose was 150-300cals/meal (i totally wasnt looking at cals when i was making the menu)

so that is 900cals/day max (as far as breakfast/lunch/dinner). And my cal goals on MFP are set to nearly 1500. I know I still need to find/add snacks into the menu...but really? 600 more cals/day (before exercise)!!? It's going to take more then a snack or two a day to get to my cal goals at that rate!

Other then nuts, what is an easy way to get a lot of cals in? (i have no will power when it comes to nuts...i'll eat them all up!!)

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Have a snickers bar or some ice cream.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, protein powder, full fat cheese
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    once you start eating your planned meals, you may find yourself hungry. if this is the case, have another half serving or so. also, if you add in drinks(coffee, milk, juice, etc.) that adds calories quickly. dont worry too much about it, i would definately try to stay over at least 1200. more than likely your body will guide you.