Trying something new

Options
Hi, my name is Katie. I'm 26 going on 27 in a couple months. For the last 10 years I have been battling weight gain due to some family problems and medications I'm on. I'm about 5'5" and weigh about 240 pounds. I've tried dieting on my own but have lacked the motivation to keep going. I heard about myfitnesspal from my roommate who's friend has used this website and has experienced some positive results. I'm hoping for the same thing. My goals are pretty simple and ideal for me. I want to become more conscious:happy of what I'm eating but still able to lose weight. I would like to be able to fit in a size 12 again, I'm currently a size 18/20 now. If I can get down to a size 14 for my best friends wedding in May next year I'll be happy, I'll even settle for a size 16 too. So far, I'm learning that I need to pay more attention to my calorie intake and work out more. What I would really appreciate is some positive re enforcement. "Your not fat" or "there's no way your over 200lbs" isn't very helpful for me. From what I have seen from other posts here has been very helpful so far, especially knowing that there are people out there with similar goals and problems. I look forward to my new journey with myfitnesspal. :happy:

Replies

• Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! And good luck!
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! Welcome! I'll be happy to give you encourage on this new journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Your friends wedding is a great goal. I just found this site myself about a week ago. I've only got the general lose weight, reduce cholesteol get healthy thing for a goal. I think I need something more specific now. This site seems to be really helpful. I love how easy it is to track my nutrition with the food diary. I think joining this site is a great start. Theres lots of good tips, people and success stories to read whenever your motivation is a little low.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it. My highest weight was around 240 after my first son was born, I got down to 162 with WW but then got pregnant with my second son. I was at 203 when I decided I couldn't use the baby weight excuse anymore since my baby had just turned 1. I'm down to 168 currently and still trying to lose more I'm also a short 5'4". I have bad days but don't let it get me down. My main goal is to be healthy for myself and my family.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at my heaviest, I weighed 203lbs. I wore a size 18/20 or 22 in pants and a 1X or 2X in shirts.

I am currently 145lbs and wearing a size 8/10 pants and a size medium/large in shirts.

If you want it, YOU CAN DO IT. Is it easy? No. Will there be ups and downs? You bet there will be. Is it worth it in the end? HECK YES!

Also, I recommend setting smaller goals - having an ultimate goal is awesome. But, setting and achieving smaller goals will help you stay on track. Some people set 10lb mini goals, some set smaller clothing sizes mini goals and they reward themselves (NOT WITH FOOD!) when the achieve them. Everyone is different - find what works for you.

Good Luck to you! :)
  • lmschwanke
    lmschwanke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had some progress tracking on here. Remember to listen to what your body tells you and or learn how to. Keep your own talk positive even when you are talkimg to your self, enjoy the nonscale achivments when they come.
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Katie, you CAN and WILL do this. Continue to tell yourself this everyday and take this new lifestyle one day at a time. My husband and I officially started this journey two months ago and I'm just glad for that one day he and I agreed that today was the day. I believe you in Katie! I'm 5'5" as well and started out just a little bit above your starting weight. My end goal is for May, right before my 27th birthday, but hopefully I surpass my goal! I believe in you as much as I believe in me. Don't stop and never give up!
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi Katie
    Feel free to add me, I will be supportive of you.
    Nat 8~)
  • Jenmilleroz
    Options
    Hi there I am happy to help friend me xxxx