Just curious!!!

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
How many calories did you used to eat prior to using MFP to count your calories?

Have you ever just tracked what you ate on a normal basis to get an idea of how many calories you were eating before cutting them down drastically?

What is the difference to what you used to eat compared to what you are eating now?

I calculated my husbands calories one day and he was already at almost 3,000 calories and he wasn't even done eating for the day- he was really shocked that his calories added up that fast. Good thing he doesn't have to worry about his weight :grumble:

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you used to eat prior to using MFP to count your calories?

Have you ever just tracked what you ate on a normal basis to get an idea of how many calories you were eating before cutting them down drastically?

What is the difference to what you used to eat compared to what you are eating now?

I calculated my husbands calories one day and he was already at almost 3,000 calories and he wasn't even done eating for the day- he was really shocked that his calories added up that fast. Good thing he doesn't have to worry about his weight :grumble:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Prior to this site I was at everydayhealth.com...kind of doing the same thing. I ate about the same amount of calories per day. I think. Well, maybe I have been 150-200 calories under since joining this site since the other website didn't personalize daily calorie intake, but was based on a 2000 calorie diet.

So, I have not cut drastically, but I rather pay attention to what kind of calories I take in rather than the total amount.

For about four weeks I have tried the TNT diet which is basically extremely low carbs but high fats- I did get cut up, but was constantly constipated so I quit.

My husband has like 800 calories for breakfast alone:grumble: I wish!

I have been on here for about a week now and still have not lost any weight. I want to lose only 3 lbs and it seems to be the hardest thing in the world to do!!!
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am sure I consumed way more calories than I needed. I was a snacker... I never really ate meals,I just snacked all day long. But I think if I were to enter one of my old habit days, I would be shocked!

MFP has made me aware of my caloric intake and make better choices with the calories I have... so BIG Thanks MFP and everyone who posts here too!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I wouldn't know for sure, but I bet I had some really high and some really low days... There have been days on here where I eat so much more that I might have before... but then, I'm also eating out a lot less. That article about 700 calories and not losing weight... kinda sounded like me sometimes. I was a "starve and binge" dieter. :noway: No more of that!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    2000 minimum and more like 3000 when i was eating the nestle cookie dough bits and baking cookies and having more than one portion of dinner and skimming this and that from the kids, etc
    and i didn't exercise much--just lightly active taking care of the kids

when i first started seeing those calories add up--on a "good" day--was a real eye opener. i finally got why these 20 lbs have not gone away--and how more would be added on if i didn't change.

this site has been so great for keeping me accountable and making better choices every day. :happy:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    2000 minimum and more like 3000 when i was eating the nestle cookie dough bits and baking cookies and having more than one portion of dinner and skimming this and that from the kids, etc
    and i didn't exercise much--just lightly active taking care of the kids

when i first started seeing those calories add up--on a "good" day--was a real eye opener. i finally got why these 20 lbs have not gone away--and how more would be added on if i didn't change.

this site has been so great for keeping me accountable and making better choices every day. :happy:

I second that...seeing food on my kids plate I always just ate the rest after they were done.

Who knows how much we were REALLY eating.
  • gothinthebox
    Options
    I would say the technical term for the amount i ate would be.. a buttload.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It was quite an eye opener to start tracking calories. I honestly think I am lucky, because I can put away a LOT of food and not be full. If I didn't like exercise, I would have been in a bigger world of hurt.

I'm kinda with gothinthebox, I ate a crapload, buttload, etc. of food. And I KNEW it was a lot, but I ignored it, because of course if you ignore it, you won't really have all those calories in you, right? Oops, wrong-O!:grumble: