should i change to 1 lb weight loss per week? HELP!

Okay so I am thinking that it may be time...

I have been on 1 1/2 lbs for a long time and I am less than a kg away from the overweight category (YAYAYYAYAYYAY!) and starting to feel quite hungry and dizzy all the time (YES i eat my exercise calories btw!).
To lose a pound a week I would be eating 1860 cals, as I am in the active category because of my 2 jobs...
I'm scared that if I eat that much my weight loss is gonna stall though...
ARGHH, help?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    If you are feeling hungry all the time, then yeah, I would change it so you can allow yourself more food. It's not worth feeling miserable all day long!

As long as you are still within your goals, you shouldn't gain weight back. It might slow down or stall for a week or so, but it will pick back up. Or, you might be one of the ones that just need to eat more and will start losing more initially. Either way, you will still be eating at a deficit and will see results.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    yes!

It is not worth feeling crappy for a faster loss. If you are hungry, you should up it! Especially working two jobs and working out. Getting enough food (and sleep :)) will do you a world of good.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Couldn't agree more, I was on 1200 a day for the longest time to try to lose 2 lbs a week and I got to a stage where to lose 2lbs was going to be less than 1200, so i upped it to 1lb a week.

I'm still losing, I'm not hungry and my exercise calories seem to be more effective as I don't need to eat them!

(also, make sure you do your 8cups of water. The day I decided to hydrate properly changed the course of my weight loss!)
  • Pay attention to what you eat! I'm sure you're super busy and always on the go so making sure your choosing whole grains over white breads and lots of fruit and veggies to keep your body going might help a lot(: Plus staying away from the sugary stuff that makes you always crave more.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    I went and took a peek at your diary. You have quite a few things on there that are making you hungry. When you consume sugary stuff, your blood sugar spikes and then crashes... then you are hungry again. It isn't that you need more calories as much as you need to each better quality foods and stay away from donuts, cookies and chocolate milk. Eat some protein for breakfast, like eggs, that will hold you much longer. Eat some veggies and you will notice a difference. I think of calories like currency. I want the best for my money and junky food is like spending my $$ in the dollar store. Pretty to look at but no substance and not worth anything.
    Good luck to you!