Newbie Needs Help!

Options
Good Morning Everyone!

Ok, myfitnesspal says I can have 2,660 calories a day. Here is how my week went! This is how many calories I consumed for each day:
Sunday: 2,210
Monday: 2,391
Tuesday: 2,048
Wednesday: 2,328
Thursday: 2,210
Friday: 3,131 went over
Saturday: ??? Didn't count calories

This morning was my first weigh in and I gained 0.8 lbs. Am I suppose to eat 2,660 everyday, or does it matter if you are under your calories. I know I went over one day and didn't count one day. But could someone shed some light here. This is why I give up so easy!
I NEED HELP! PLEASE!!!!!

joyann1968

Replies

• cortmom
    cortmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You really should try to eat close to your daily recommended calories. If you go under too much your body will think it is starving and put you in to storing what you eat. That is why you were very hungry on that Friday and ate over the amount. Look at the recordings and see if it says at the bottom that you were under too much . Also have you been exercising some? If you exercise you need to eat a little bit more. The program will calculate it for you. I hope this helps.
  • pavanneh
    pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Remember as your eating habits change your body will change. Going over a day or two isn't too bad, y ou just have to start again the next day. Eventually eating healthier will become a habit. Weight is going to fluctuate by a pound or two especially when you are first starting. You will have a week that you lose 3 lbs and the next because of what you ate--maybe more salt--you can gain it back in water. You will eventually see a change. Just keep trying.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!! My opinion .....when I started, I watched my carbs more than cals for the first 2-3 weeks stay low on carbs and don't forget your just starting this program....for life not one week!!!!!!!!!!! Don't weigh your self for 2 weeks keep carbs way down after 2 weeks go back to watching cals...your body needs to dump water as well!!!! Stay away from the scale for a while and keep starches and carbs out of your diet as much as you can..It worked for me at 315 lbs!!!!!! Now I watch cals as well!!!Good luck and don't start the quitting excuse you'r in this for life!!!! Add me if yoou like and hang in there!!:wink:
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!! My opinion .....when I started, I watched my carbs more than cals for the first 2-3 weeks stay low on carbs and don't forget your just starting this program....for life not one week!!!!!!!!!!! Don't weigh your self for 2 weeks keep carbs way down after 2 weeks go back to watching cals...your body needs to dump water as well!!!! Stay away from the scale for a while and keep starches and carbs out of your diet as much as you can..It worked for me at 315 lbs!!!!!! Now I watch cals as well!!!Good luck and don't start the quitting excuse you'r in this for life!!!! Add me if yoou like and hang in there!!:wink:

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." — Michael Jordan
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    I lean on Kenny's reply - give ur body time to handle the changes in ur body as well as get rid of excess water.
    Don't give up this soon, add me as friend, and we'll walk the road to a slimmer us together! :smile:
  • joyann1968
    Options
    Thank you all so much for shedding some light on the situation. So, this morning has started off good!

joyann1968