goal weight?

Options
pidgy
pidgy Posts: 20 Member
Not new to myfitnesspal but newly energized and tracking my progress accurately this summer---so i have a question:
Anyone have any idea what ideal weight is for a woman who is 6' ?
struggling with what goal to set for myself/what is realistic right now....and i cant seem to find any info online (and prob havent looked enough bc i get frustrated) other than crazy estimates of 143 or so--or maybe thats right?
any ideas are welcome :)

Replies

• aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is 6' she is a size 14 uk clothes and is between 11st7 and 12 stone she looks best nearer the 12 than the 11 - she is quite toned and used to weigh nearer the 11 when untoned - by toning she has put on a bit of weight but certainly not the inches

I think you should just go for a healthy BMI and see how YOU feel about yourself at the top en and then just take 5lb at a time until you are happy with yourself
  • tlc1222
    tlc1222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Recommended weight range is 147 - 183 according to www.healthstatus.com
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    I agree take 5lb at a time, and compare your BMI against medical advice.
    You could ask a friend to tell you if you are getting too slim if you are scared of that.
    You just need to pick a friend who you are going respect and listen to.
  • KaySoFocused
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and in my opinion I think the ideal weight for our height should be between 175 and 180 anything less than that and we'll look like we need a cheeseburger. Everyone's different but I know I don't want to look like skin and bones or having ppl wonder am I anorexic or something. Hope you have a happy and healthy weightloss journey :-)
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Set a goal for 10 lbs less than you are now. The short term goals are best. Then change it as you get there. Use your mirror and how you feel to judge your final weight. Weight ranges like BMI are statistics, and are not individual goals.
  • pidgy
    pidgy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks for the answers and the support! i appreciate :)

good plan to just take a look and see as i go...i want to be fit but i dont want to set myself for failure or go the opposite and look like i need to eat a cheeseburger (ha! i love that response-so true!! hahaha!)

som much support on here, thanks again!