Workouts from Home

Options
I am not very good at knowing what type of workouts I need to do, but I would like to work out more than just cardiovascular. I am currently starting back treadmill workouts by walking for 30 minutes everyday for a week before I start back running; I injured my hip in the Army and Just had a baby 6 months ago. I was doing treadmill workouts run/walk after my daughter was born and lost 55lbs, but stoped for the last 2 months.

I would like to pair that with other exercise that work my full body. Can someone explain to me some workouts I can do from home and which areas they workout. I want to work out all area's but am not knowledgeable about what exercises work what areas, which ones I should chose to begin with, reps and sets, which ones I should do on certain days like monday do treadmill and arms, tuesday treadmill and legs wednesday tradmill and abs etc...

I know I can google it, but would like y'all to help me figure out a workout routine and schedule and explain a little bit about what I should know lol

Thanks

Replies

• SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    from home... depending on what you like. I do Treadmill, use the Bowflex and do Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home. My husband does Treadmill and Insanity.
    When I am better in shape I want to give Power 90 a try, because I know that PX90 is not in my reach yet.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I found that belly dancing was a great full body work out.

http://www.bellytwins.com/sh_dvd.htm

Fitness for Beginners - Arms, Abs and Hips, Buns & Thighs is proabably what would want. I first took mine out of the librabry and tried them before I bought them.
  • AmberReneeHarrison
    Options
    The only equipment I have is a treadmill, Wii, and can possibly get weights in a week or so from now. I'm looking for more like exercises not the dvd's right now.
  • CCarricato
    Options
    Hi!

I had my second and final baby in May of 2010 and after that I tried a lot of different workout DVD's becuase I didn't really have time to get out of the house with the kids and working full time. So far the best thing I've found for getting myself started was ChaLEAN Extreme, it is a workout system that includes strength and cardio. The thing I like about it is that you work your whole body, you don't just target one spot on certain days. Muscle burns fat, so weight training will really help you to slim down, and when you do a squat at the same time as a bicep curl, you are burning so many more calories than doing them separately. It also has modified versions of things so you should be able to make it work even with your hip injury.

If you are interested in it, I'd love to talk to you a little more about it! The woman in the video, Chalene Johnson has really changed my life. She's made me much more positive, I follow her on Twitter and Facebook, because she's just so positive and helps me to be more positive and to push myself to be better both physically and as a person. It just really helps you to stick with a weight loss program.

Cassie
  • CCarricato
    Options
    Susan,

You could so do P90X, honestly you are in control of the number of reps and amount of weight that you use. The main thing is to improve over time. It's all about mind over matter, and you can do SO much more than you think! I've personally done P90X, Turbo Fire, and ChaLEAN Extreme, all of which I LOVE! My favorite is ChaLEAN Extreme though just because she works upper and lower body at the same time so that you aren't working out for so long. I only have so much time with 2 kids under 3 running around...

Cassie
  • natille2011
    Options
    If you are like me who likes variety and motivation but cannot go to the gym, I recently found this site www.FriendsBFit.com they offer live online belly dancing, Bollyworrd aerobics, Zumba, and Yoga