It's Now or Never.........

Options
Sounds a little morbid I know but for me "Now or Never" means that if I don't finally commit to losing weight and getting hearlthy, I probably never will. I weigh 192 and am 5'2. I feel yucky in my own skin. I hate how I look in clothes and can't beleive I have let myself go like this. I have had food issues for 20 + years but figured by now at 42 years old I'd have overcome them and actually this are the same if not worse.

I hide food, sleep on the couch alot --away from my amazing husband so I can eat in private. So sad.

I lost my wonderful Dad April 11th and feel a sense of wanting to make him proud of me as well by losing all this weight. I know I have to do it for me first.

So..............here I go and would LOVE to have some friends to do this journey with me. Feel free to add me so we can motivate and support each other.

Laura

Replies

• Rydell86
    Rydell86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Laura, it's great to hear you've committed to trying to make life better for yourself. I'm about the same height as you and actually weigh more, so I know what you mean about feeling bad in your own skin and hating the look of clothes. It is my daily horror.

Hopefully together we can both show ourselves (and everybody else) that we can be happy and healthy again. :)
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Laura,

I am sorry for your loss!

You can do this. Stay motivated, keep the goal in sight and you WILL achieve this!

Feel free to add me, if you'd like. :-) Welcome!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Remember if you put your mind to it you can do this!!
  • dugsgirl67
    dugsgirl67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Laura,

I totally get where you are coming from. I feel your pain. So I will be your friend and we can lose this weight together!!!:wink:
    I constantly have to keep myself motivated all the time and watch exactly everything I eat.
    The holidays are fast approaching so this is a great time to keep each other strong and motivated OK?!!!!

Keep in touch and I will too!! :smile:

Take care and go for a walk today, we will talk either later tonight or tomorrow. I am going to the gym today and sweating my butt off.
    CAN'T WAIT!!!

Dugsgirl:flowerforyou: