Twice-Baked Potatoes

Options
cookinglightwithcourtney.blogspot.com

Twice - Baked Potatoes:
This is Pioneer Woman recipe that I lightened up. Super delicious! I made 2 potatoes for our family of 4; 1/2 potato is more than enough for one person!

2 russet baking potatoes, washed
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup butter (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free so that's what nutrition info will reflect)
2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup colby jack or cheddar cheese; divided (I used reduced fat colby jack)
2 Tbsp skim milk
2 green onions sliced
S&P

Preheat oven to 400 F

Rub potatoes with olive oil and bake for 1 hour or until completely cooked.

Slice butter into pats, place in a large mixing bowl and add bacon and yogurt. Remove potatoes from oven and lower heat to 350 F.

Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides into your mixing bowl. Leave about 1/4 in skin for support. Lay the skins back on the cookie sheet.

Smash the potatoes in butter, bacon and yogurt mixture. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese cheese, milk, green onions and S&P to taste. Mix well.

Fill the potato shells with the filling, they will be heaping. Top each with 1 Tbsp more cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 more minutes.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving
Calories 152, Carbs 14, Fiber 1, Protein 8, Fat 7

**Just a tip, I love using kitchen shears for cutting bacon and green onions, so quick and easy!**

Replies

• Princessa1982
    Options
    My son loves twice baked potatoes, but you put the stuffing into a sweet pepper instead of the potato again. Sooo yummy, and a whole serving of veggies and vitamin c!
  • naveej
    naveej Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yummmm....thanks
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yum! Gonna make this soon.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Great variation on a classic! I'm SSSSOOOO happy that you're updating your blog again, I've gotten a lot of recipes from it!

Hope all is well with you and your family! :flowerforyou:
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Love the sweet pepper idea I have to try that! And actually if you use bacon bits instead of turkey bacon there are less calories and fat....and they have ones that are low in sodium too!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Great variation on a classic! I'm SSSSOOOO happy that you're updating your blog again, I've gotten a lot of recipes from it!

Hope all is well with you and your family! :flowerforyou:

Aww thanks!! I hope all is well with you too! We need to touch base more often!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Love the sweet pepper idea I have to try that! And actually if you use bacon bits instead of turkey bacon there are less calories and fat....and they have ones that are low in sodium too!

They even make turkey bacon bits now! I considered it but like the taste of the crunchy, freshly cooked bacon more for these!