Walden Farms Calorie Free products.....have you tried them ?

Options
I just ordered some products from Walden Farms....salad dressing, mayo and chocolate syrup. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Just wondering if any of you of tried any of the products and like/dislike them ?

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    NO,BUT I REALLY WANT THAT CAKE!!!!!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    A food-like substance with 0 calories sounds pretty gross to me. It also tends to mean they contain nearly no nutrients. Your body likes food. I promise. :flowerforyou:
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love their balsamic vinigarette dressing, but not a fan of the rest of them. Havent tried any other products though =) Hope you like them!!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just looked... their labels look a little scary, I drink diet coke and I can understand why that has no calories but chocolate dip? Thats not natural to have no calories! You'll have to keep us updated on how they taste!!! :O
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I hve tried the dressing. It was the ranch kind. Had the flavor of... water.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I bought their version of maple syrup at a local grocery store. While the consistency is too runny if you like thick syrup on your pancakes, since I don't make pancakes at home, I primarily it as a marinade for my skinless chicken breasts and pork chops. It adds a hint of sweet savoriness without the cals, sugar, and carbs. I really like it. I just season the meat and pour in the syrup all in ziplock bag and marinate it for several hours/overnight before grilling/baking the next day. I also use it to pour on my low carb/sugar ice cream. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with what you ordered.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I bought their version of maple syrup at a local grocery store. While the consistency is too runny if you like thick syrup on your pancakes, since I don't make pancakes at home, I primarily it as a marinade for my skinless chicken breasts and pork chops. It adds a hint of sweet savoriness without the cals, sugar, and carbs. I really like it. I just season the meat and pour in the syrup all in ziplock bag and marinate it for several hours/overnight before grilling/baking the next day. I also use it to pour on my low carb/sugar ice cream. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with what you ordered.

marinade!! What a great idea!!! or crockpot cooking! Thanks!
  • MrsVagus
    Options
    A food-like substance with 0 calories sounds pretty gross to me. It also tends to mean they contain nearly no nutrients. Your body likes food. I promise. :flowerforyou:

No kidding!! WTF is this?!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

No kidding!! WTF is this?!

Various powders, spices, corn, and water. Food made in a lab! :noway:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options

I just googled the calorie information as I was intrigued as to how something could be consumed yet be calorie free. First item on EVERY ingredient list of all the calorie free products.....triple filtered water. I applaud the motivation behind cutting unnecessary calories out from your meal by choosing healthier condiments, but honestly, I'd rather take the extra 30-40 calories in light dressing/mayo or sugar free/no added sugar syrups and jellies over consuming something that has no nutritional value a long list of ingredients that I'm unsure about what exactly they really are (see site nutritional info http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html# ).

Each person is different so I urge you to do what's right for you but personally, I try to use as little condiments as possible by flavoring my meats, salads, sandwiches, etc with herbs and spices. When I do use condiments I choose based on what nutritional benefit I can get from those extra calories. I am very picky and try not to always be pulled in by the "free" claims on many of them, because free.....isn't always a good thing.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some products from Walden Farms....salad dressing, mayo and chocolate syrup. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Just wondering if any of you of tried any of the products and like/dislike them ?

No, Walden Farms Products don't even qualify as real food..............I don't even know what to call those products.

Anything with 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 everything can not be healthy............your body won't even know what to do with the stuff.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What an odd type of "food product" to make...

I do wonder what their "natural and artificial" flavors are!

I think I'd rather have the 10 calories of tomato for a "spaghetti sauce with tomato & basil" than "tomato flavor" - whatever that is.

But do let us know what you think!
  • elissaszoo
    Options

I have tried many of their products and have been very happy with them. Did you receive and try yours yet? The only item I've tried and absolutely did not like was their fruit spreads. I just tried their chocolate sauce for the first time, added a tablespoon to a cup of ice coffee and LOVED it. Especially knowing it has ZERO calories
  • elissaszoo
    Options

Never thought to try the syrup as a marinade, I will have to try this week. Thx for the idea. :-)
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Anything with 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 everything can not be healthy............your body won't even know what to do with the stuff.
    [/quote]

Well not anything really. Water is 0 cals. 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 everything but it is what life is built on. Just saying. :wink:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I tried the blue cheese dressing so far. Its not wonderful, but its not bad. I just use it to dip my raw veggies in from time to time. Don't use a lot, just a little taste is best I think. Let me know how you like the things you ordered please!
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I get the salad dressings and they are good..everyones tastes are different though
  • heyjude1358
    Options
    Sorry to burst your happy bubble, but I've tried them all, and.... my lord they're awful. Everything is awful... the dressings, the syrups, everything...
    I would rather use some calories and enjoy the flavor.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    In my bid to stop eating as much chocolate I just ordered the chocolate syrup. I didn't think I could get it in the UK but Amazon sells it for £3.99 plus £3 postage.

So £7 for some possibly disgusting sauce may be pretty worthless, but hey worth a shot.

I am slightly scared by wtaf it contains!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Some I threw away immediately...like the honey dijon...but the ranch and thousand island are good. The chocolate sauce I have but it tastes WEIRD. Coffee is a good idea to put it in. I'll try that.