Best Way

Options
What is the best way to lose weight and to keep it off.

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Make small changes you can live with, get used to that, make some more small changes you can live with, get used to those, then make some small changes you can live with, get used to those... by the time you get where you want to be your new lifestyle won't be hard to maintain because you'll be used to it. It takes time and patience.. but it does work.
  • cacraft
    cacraft Posts: 76
    Options
    1. Eat healthy foods.
    2. Drink water - lots of it!
    4. Move.
    5. Repeat

Make this a lifestyle change, not a diet. Once you eliminate processed foods, excess sodium and refined sugar and flours from your diet - you'll never go back! You're body will love you forever!
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    1. Eat healthy foods.
    2. Drink water - lots of it!
    4. Move.
    5. Repeat

Make this a lifestyle change, not a diet. Once you eliminate processed foods, excess sodium and refined sugar and flours from your diet - you'll never go back! You're body will love you forever!
    Could not have been said any better!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Make small changes you can live with, get used to that, make some more small changes you can live with, get used to those, then make some small changes you can live with, get used to those... by the time you get where you want to be your new lifestyle won't be hard to maintain because you'll be used to it. It takes time and patience.. but it does work.

JulieBo speaks the absolute truth. In tiny doses, its much easier to form habits that we can stick with. We didn't gain this weight overnight, it certainly won't be lost that way.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    BE HONEST: Get educated about yourself and your choices. This can only be done by accurately logging EVERYTHING you eat.
    BE HONEST: No, you don't have a slow metabolism. Yes, you really do eat too much (or too many calories) compared to how much you move your body.
    Replace bad habits with good habits. Good habits will carry you when motivation is low.
    Eat foods that are good for your body rather than destructive to it.
    Drink lots of water. This has many benefits, including allowing your cells and organs to function at their best.
    Make a plan and stick to it religiously for a month. You will see results, no matter what your plan is. This is very motivating.
    Plan ahead. Discover convenient foods that you can stash at work, in the car, wherever, so when life throws a curve ball, you can rely on your little nutritional first aid rather than heading to fast food or other convenient disasters.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat less, exercise more...
  • 150forlife
    150forlife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not sure there is a best way that fit all. However, myfitnesspal help me to understand if I eat 6 times a day I get by on a lot less calories and look for things I like to eat that fit my life style and still taste good. Also, I never worked at eating at least three veggies a day like I do now. I also only try to eat meat once a day. I feel better and want to continue this approach. Now that I am eating less than 1200 calories a day, I do try to make small changes to improve my health, like exercising at least three times a week and understanding which foods do what to my body. Can I do this for ever? I want to and think I can continue to make this part of my life style.