Female question!

Options
Do you notice that when it's your time of the month, you gain weight? Since I have started really focusing on dieting this is the first time for me, and I have gained like 3 lbs and I haven't done anything different in my eating habits. Does the weight come off easily once it is over?

Also - I'm not sure if it is just because I am getting older, but I notice also - the heavier I weighed, the heavier my periods were. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you in advance! :)

Replies

• Wingmistress
    Options
    Do you notice that when it's your time of the month, you gain weight? Since I have started really focusing on dieting this is the first time for me, and I have gained like 3 lbs and I haven't done anything different in my eating habits. Does the weight come off easily once it is over?

Also - I'm not sure if it is just because I am getting older, but I notice also - the heavier I weighed, the heavier my periods were. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you in advance! :)

It's funny, I used to pay attention to this regardless. I found that I lost the most the week of (so far). Perhaps everyone is different. As for it being heavier, I can agree there.
  • Ksnoddy87
    Ksnoddy87 Posts: 121
    Options
    Ugh, don't you hate that?! Yea when its that time of the month you get bloated. Its pretty much water weight and it goes away when it goes off. Try taking pampren or midol a few days prior to it coming on. It helps reduce the bloating.
  • Ksnoddy87
    Ksnoddy87 Posts: 121
    Options
    And yes! I notice that I'm MUCH heavier that time of the month. Probably the reason why we're so cranky also, lol!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Yep, I dont even think my 6 pack is as visible when its that time... I mean I get sooo dang hungry. Thats why i buy more fruits to snack on that week lol
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't even weigh during my period. It is better that way.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can gain weight during your TOM..it's only happened to me once since I've started on MFP but most of the time I've lost being on it. I have also noticed that since I've lost a good amount of weight, my periods have gotten lighter and shorter.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Yes I do but the week after is a great loss. I just hate that I feel so bloated and fat the week before and of..
  • simplyychaos
    Options
    Yes, TOM is very frustrating because of this. The god thing is, once it's over the weight goes away as it's only water weight. Definitely drink more water during this time because it helps flush everything out and keeps the bloating down to a minimum.
  • Brandi_Lee
    Options
    I'm always heavier during that time. If it falls on or around my weight on day that I don't weight in a i wait till the next week. I did do my weight in last week and it was 2 day before my due date, I thought I had hit a plateau but this week I'm down 2lbs. I think as long as I can maintain during that 1 week a month I'm okay.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't notice weight differences, but I notice differences in my appetite. Half the month I am starving and the other half I'm sort of "meh" over food. It all evens out.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes, I notice that I gain anywhere from 3-5 pounds. Since joining myfitnesspal I try to drink more water during that time. Good thing though it comes off pretty quickly. :smile: