Louisiana Conections

Options
Looking for folks from Louisiana with recps with low carb and cal counts. You know we like to fry everything. I havent had anything fryed in 20 months. Im running out of things to cook. HELP!

Replies

• Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm from North Louisiana, but live in Dallas now...you wouldn't want my recipes...I don't cook...that's why I'm on MFP to "reform my habits"! But seriously, I completely understand...it's hard to revamp some of those tried and true cajun and deep home recipes!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Geaux Tigers!
    We have just eliminated fried foods as much as possible. If we are somewhere that only has fried food (the occasional fish fry, etc), we just use portion control and hope that it doesn't upset our stomach too much...which eliminating fried foods might do to you! For other things, you just got to "cheat", like for me with jambalaya. While throwing some turkey sausage on a grill might taste pretty OK most of the time, it won't work in my jambalaya pot nor will brown rice.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm from Louisiana. I don't cook all the time ( I take a lot of convenience foods to work,etc), but about twice a week I cook something from Cooking LIght and it is usually posted on the "Foodies Unite" thread (just search the message boards and you will find it). There are a couple of us that post pics of what we cook on there. Feel free to friend me, my diary is open to friends. Oh, and I'm Lynette from Baton Rouge, by the way (been here two years, but used to live in Metairie and New Orleans and still work over there a couple of days a week).
  • felixleveron
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help.
  • IPlog
    IPlog Posts: 14
    Options
    glad to see someone else from louisiana.
    i'm in lafayette!
    IPlog