I'm back and fatter than ever!

Options
So I was on this site a few months ago and losing weight. then i stopped and ended up gaining all the weight back and some. winter is coming and i need to fit back into my jeans...so i'm back and more determined than ever to lose this weight. any suggestions for how to keep this motivation??

Replies

• dclouden
    dclouden Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, and I can only recommend staying committed to the site daily for a long time. I know for me, I have to watch and be faithful to the eating, and the exercise for a long time before I can even attempt to try it on my own.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how come you stopped last time?
  • tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome back! That's the first step in becoming healthier.

Use your jeans as inspiration - you want to fit into them. Check in EVERY DAY and LOG every thing you eat and drink. Try and exercise every day or every other day. Don't set up unrealistic goals. Just a 10 minute walk works if that is all you can squeeze in. Park your car 10 minutes away from work and walk in... that way you can log 20 minutes every day. It does add up.

Good luck to you. :-)
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    The initial boost of momentum will disappear after about 3-4 weeks. I'm going through this right now. When you get to that point, there is no suggestion or quick fix besides will power. I too have lost and gained back, but I'm learning from my mistakes and am understanding potential pitfalls. I would suggest thinking about last time you lost weight, and determine what knocked you off track that time.
  • nicki2135
    Options
    Welcome back! been there done that myself once or twice lol
    Guess we all just got to take it one day at a time!
    Add me as a friend if you want I always try to comment positivley on everyones daily statuses!!
    nicki
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So I was on this site a few months ago and losing weight. then i stopped and ended up gaining all the weight back and some. winter is coming and i need to fit back into my jeans...so i'm back and more determined than ever to lose this weight. any suggestions for how to keep this motivation??
    Make MFP your home page, so that every time you start your browser it's the first thing you see, and hopefully it will help you stay on track!

Welcome back! :-)
  • tisamg
    tisamg Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Losing and maintaining a healthy weight is a lifestyle change. It took me a while to change my way of thinking. I'm not ON a "diet"... this IS my diet. What made you lose motivation last time?

Sounds like you are on the right track, tho! :smile:
  • cheri868
    Options
    I have been where you are so many times and it is not funny!! I got down to 4 pounds away from my goal last year and gained it all back due to emotional eating with all the stress I was under. I am JUST beginning to gain the motivation to exercise and eat healthier thanks to this site. This site has been extremely helpful with motivation and support. Good luck!!!!
  • sherry_ann_mt
    sherry_ann_mt Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! go you!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'll be blunt.

Get it into your head - the way you have been eating has got to stop for good, or you'll end up getting fatter and fatter every month, every year, until you get so fat you cannot even stand up. The only way that will change is for you to change your eating habits for the rest of your life. A diet isn't going to do anything but get you thinner for a few months until you start overeating again.

Get used to the idea that this is a lifelong change while you are fired up with enthusiasm!
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    i'm really not sure y i stopped last time...all i can think is i must have been doing alot of emotional eating and i just gave up
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    thank you for all the advice! yall are right i need to make this my home page and create a healthy lifestyle that i can stick to
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yes. Log your food everyday, and read the forums everyday. I can't tell you how much reading the forums have kept me motivated in times that I was feeling discouraged. I've now reached the point where I don't need it as much and just come for fun and interaction, but there was a period where they helped me through the roughest of times.

Welcome back!