Would love to add some friends for mutual motivation.

Options
Hi all, last year I lost 5 stones through exercise and eating healthily. However, over Christmas 2010 I fell off the health wagon and stopped working out and eating well. Result? I put 3 stones back on.

I recently decided that enough was enough and that I needed to stop the damage!

I have now lost a stone of what I put back on, so still 3 stones lighter than I was at the start so not all bad.

I am walking between 4 and 5 miles every day with my dogs and tracking all that I eat. My concern is that Christmas is not too far away and we know how that turned out last time :)

If anyone would like to help me stay on track through the naughty season, I'd love to be added as a friend, or to add you if you prefer.

Thanks.

Replies

• miajewl
    miajewl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need lots of friends as well! We'll keep each other on track!
  • mswest1102
    Options
    I would be happy to be of support. It is frustrating to lose weight and then gain it back. Why did you fall off the wagon? Do you feel able to stick with it permanently? The holidays are tough. For me, that is from Oct 31-Jan 1. Could you please explain how stone converts to pounds for those of us who measure weight in pounds. I think if you can get back up every time you fall off the wagon, even if that is every day, you can make it. But you cannot ever stop completely. You will need to eat healthy and exercise in order to maintain a healthy body.
  • daryna13
    Options
    One stone is 14 pounds I believe, correct me if I'm wrong =/ And feel free to add me up anyone, I'd love more motivation =)
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    I sent you a friend request :)

I need to ask a silly question: what is a stone? either in lb or kg...
  • ianwalker1969
    Options
    Hi, a stone is 14 pounds.

I know exactly what happened. I had gotten into a great routine with working out with weights and exercise bike. We then got two new puppies, and my routine went out of the window. I They were very hard work to start with and I had no energy to exercise and to stay on track. Then Christmas came, and it just sort of went from there.

Ironic thing is that the same two dogs are now proving invaluable, they are such high energy dogs that they need 4 to 5 miles every single day to keep them settled. That's keeping me on track with exercising.

I have also left my last job (very stressful, horrible boss, comfort eating!) and got a much better one which is meaning I don't feel the need to eat/drink for comfort.

It all seems well set up to stay on track now, so here we go :)
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I so understand your issues!!! I had lost 40 stones in late 2009 to early 2010 then gained all but 3 stones back. I have now lost 5!!! But can't seem to lose any more. I have lost inches, so I am happy with that, but when I see that number on the scale ugh!!! I know some of it is my eating...I am broke right now with a possible lay off and it is so its expensive to eat healthy ( I think its a crule joke that the stores have) I just started a 90 day FIT Challenge and have room for more if you are intreastead, feel free to add me either way...I need the motivation during this crazy time of year also!
  • ianwalker1969
    Options
    A challenge would be good I think, thanks.
  • ianwalker1969
    Options
    Thanks to those that have added me so far!