help please

Options
i am new to this and am going to start this tomorrow..

any advice or tips?

Replies

• MaudeBeige
    Options
    Log what you ate today... Check out my 24th (or 25th) August... That is my constant reminder of why I NEED to do this!

In the beginning I logged BEFORE I ate. (Now I log new things before I eat just to check out whether I should let it pass my lips!)
  • cheri868
    Options
    Just make sure that you log EVERYTHING that you eat / drink and commit yourself to exercising at least 5 times a week.
  • tadburger
    Options
    Just do it! It works - all four of us in our support group we call Team Lumberjacks have lost around 20 lbs. (each) and you just learn a new way of living. You start to automatically choose the healthier foods and become aware of how much we just gobble and inhale without thinking. Once you keep track of it -you realize how much you ate.

Awareness is the key. From then on, you just keep coming back and the site is so easy to use it is a great tool for our betterment. And as someone who hates to "diet" or exercise - this is like magic. It all makes a difference and I am thrilled to be losing weight, slowly but surely. And without feeling deprived at all. I am happy!

Once you dive in, if you have any specific questions, people here are very glad to help.

Welcome!. You can do it! Just make it a priority and you will absolutely lose weight.
  • myetka
    myetka Posts: 2
    Options
    Post everyday and keep practicing to get it right! It takes a bit of tweaking to get the right amount of calories each day you feel is not making it feel like a diet and that also gives you the weekly results.....keep practicing and it will work! Each day is different, so don't give up if you have a bad day, or bad week, always post your food and exercise and be accountable! Also, I have tried a new thing this week and have planned my food for the entire day in the morning and try to stick as close to it as I can. This way, I know what I need to eat to stay within my calories, etc. and don't have to think about it the rest of the day......it just takes about 30 minutes each morning, or less to get all of the food logging in...................less after a few days since all of the same food you always eat is in the computer for you and you don't have to keep searching the database........Go get em!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    log everything you eat. everything. make use of the phone app barcode scanner. this battle is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. start measuring and weight food portions. buy a food scale. log your food BEFORE you eat it. hell, the night before i log everything in that i'm taking to work, and breakfast and dinner. and i'm not afraid to go over my calories when i'm pre-logging food, beccause i know i'll end up taking something off the list, like a granola bar or a bag of popcorn or something.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Track track track! Weigh in maybe every ten days. I feel like every week puts more pressure on me. I plan my meals ahead of time and log to make sure I do not exceed my 1200 calories per day. Ive been logging for a little over 20 days. Its really easy now :) Good luck. :happy:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Well my tip is to not sit here and read all the forums when you could be up moving around. I find myself sitting here reading about people jogging and what not when I should be up doing it myself! Today I'm ok because I did go for a decent walk.......but I need to more often. With that I'm going to log off (for now).
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    log EVERYTHING! don't beat yourself up if you go over at first...it takes some trial and error to figure out what is going to work and what isn't. If you do have a bad day just brush it off and start again the next day. The sodium might freak you out at first...just breath and remember that you are working on changing things and sometimes you have to work on one thing at a time.

WATER WATER WATER! drink lots of water! it helps flush that sodium out and is essential to help with the weight loss.

good luck!