Ok, what is a bump and what is a sticky?

Options
I keep seeing them mentioned and I don't know what they are.

Replies

• Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing them mentioned and I don't know what they are.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Bump is just putting a topic back to the top.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    yes what she said. :-)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been wanting to ask that question but was too embarrassed so thank you. So I think I understand that "dh" means "husband" but why the "d"? Maybe I am just slow when I comes to this abbreviation stuff.....LOL

Memaw

what is a sticky?
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    A sticky is when the moderator of the board permanently places the post, also known as a "thread" at the top of the page.

Don't worry, I'm pretty up on lingo and it took me a couple weeks to learn DH was "Dear Husband"

:smile: Jess
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    A sticky is when the moderator of the board permanently places the post, also known as a "thread" at the top of the page.

Don't worry, I'm pretty up on lingo and it took me a couple weeks to learn DH was "Dear Husband"

:smile: Jess
    OOOHH I get it now!!!!!! I thought maybe it was dumb husband hahahah just kiddin.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    For the record, I have been asking for sticky posts for like a month now. I think I understand why I didnt' get a lot of support, DUH! I can't believe I was so stupid that I didn't realize that the lingo was pretty obscure. Stickies would be a great thing. Bravo for asking Pat! I was also struggling with DH, I thought up some pretty crazy and stupid things it could stand for though.

I was thinking "what would my wife say"

ahh...Dumb Husband
    Dork Husband
    Damn Husband! (sorry folks)
    Deadmeat Husband
    Deranged Husband

well, you guys get the idea.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yea I didn't know what a dh was either but I wasn't asking. I also didn't know what a sticky was till you explained it Banks.