=[ Back at 159.

Options
I was down to 154 and so excited! Had a cheat day (I even burned 800 calories that day) and now its two days after and I still am not back where I was. It is very frustrating. If I have ONE cheat day and gain this much then why am I trying so damn hard? I sort of feel like giving up today. I feel like going to work out will be a waste anyways. BLAH!!!!

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i gained 8 pounds in a day once. it's water weight. not a big deal.

ps. throw your scale away
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    There is NO way that you gained that much in 1 day - as each pound is equal to 3500 calories.
    You are probably retaining water as I assume your salt content was very high for a cheat day as well...

Don't give up - you CAN do this!!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No worries! The same thing happened to me.. keep up doing what you're doing and it'll pay off later.. it's probably temporary water/fluid retention and not a true lb gain - especially seeing how you did not consume an extra 3,200 calories in one week, right?? I'd wait to weigh yourself for a week and you'll see it - drink extra water to help flush out any retention from sodium intake... don't give up!!
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i would give up on your cheat days. i don't know how far you are going over, but I would try to only go 200-300 over on those days if you can. if you do much more than that you will sabotage your progress. It is normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day. Don't give up on yourself. You can get back down to where you were. Just remember, every day counts. If you have a bad day, leave it at one bad day. Don't make it 2 bad days, and then 3, etc.
  • mandymak
    mandymak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi... hang in there... it's just a number... I've found that the weight is not so much about what's going on the outside, but more about how I'm feeling on the inside. Don't give up! You're worth it!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I sometimes go up like that in one day. For the most part, it's usually been temporary - just stick with it.
    Drink water to flush out your system - cheating/gaining usually involves increased sodium intake which can make you gain.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I sometimes go up like that in one day. For the most part, it's usually been temporary - just stick with it.
    Drink water to flush out your system - cheating/gaining usually involves increased sodium intake which can make you gain.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    The gain you are seeing isn't actual weight - it is water retention. Up your water intake for a few days and you should see the scale go back down.

Some people are very sensitive to high levels of sodium (which we usually ingest if we are "cheating" one day). So, drink the water and you'll be okay. :)
  • Venessa165
    Venessa165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this because I was feeling the same. I work so hard and then find that I have gained weight. Everyone is right, it is pretty much water weight. You can't give up. You will feel worse and your health will feel it. Each day is a new day. Don't give up, I didn't.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am about to head to the gym anyways. I know I should. My goal is always 800 calories a day and I will not quit until I get there. Plus, if I stay home much longer I am bound to eat alot of CRAP ... I can feel it. =/