Hello from Tucson

Options
Hello everyone!

Once again, I woke up today motivated to change my habits, lose weight, and get healthy! Now if that motivation could just last past the first temptation of junk food, BBQ's, parties, etc.... ! I always seem to be looking for the "right time" even though I know that there is never really a right time to start losing weight. So, despite multiple birthday parties, fall festivals, family dinners, and holidays coming up... I am hoping and praying that my willpower will stick, starting from today. If there are any other Tucsonans out there who need a workout buddy, send me a message! I go to the YMCA and have a great personal trainer friend (who I haven't taken up on the offer for personal training sessions!) Ugh... The tools are all right here in front of me, i just have to make the commitment!!!

Replies

• mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am not in Tucson, but closer to Sierra Vista. The great thing about the area that we live in is that there are some many great outdoor activities to participate in that are fun and can provide a great workout at the same time! Good luck, and feel free to add me :smile:
  • Jmiqbel
    Options
    Hi Mrsway!

You are right about the outdoor activities! I was just reading about local hiking trails (now that it isn't blazing hot anymore) so I plan to get some boots and try it out. I have also been thinking of buying a bike as it has been at least two decades since I rode one!! Craziness!

I will add you as soon as I figure out how;)

P.S. I like you goal info so I may steal it and add it to my profile!
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I ride a road bike 20+ miles a couple of times a week and I am thrilled that the weather has finally changed! Makes it much more comfortable to be out there riding. My husband is doing the tour de Tucson (I might try it next year) and he also rides many of the mountain trails in Tucson. It is great fun and an amazing workout! I am sure that you will find a way to get great results and to enjoy yourself all at the same time!
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    I'm in Tuscon. Would love to find a hiking buddy. Sierra Vista has some great spots as well.