how do you guys deal with your cravings

Options
hi guys :)
i just about done with my first week and weigh in on Monday. i know Ive lost a little weight just anxious too see how much. Ive been watching what i eat and exercising and am usually under my calorie intake. but im relay craving some junk food ..mostly Chinese :). i dont want to pig out because ive been doing so well..so what do you guys do to deal with your cravings?

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    small portions, eat what you want in moderation :happy:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of this journey, the cravings are REALLY bad. Your body is adjusting to the new way you're eating and it is craving the stuff you once fed it.

When I first started, I didn't give in to the cravings. I was scared it would lead me back down the path of poor eating. So, I avoided the stuff that I felt was a trigger for me.

As I continued in the journey, I realized that I can not live the rest of my life without eating a piece of cake, a candy bar or whatever. I added it back in but I made sure I had room in my daily calories for it. I learned what was worth the calories and what wasn't. Now, I eat everything in moderation - nothing is off limits. Following the "moderation" idea keeps me from binge eating because I can have what I want, when I want it. Just in a smaller serving size.

It is really up to YOU. If you think you can have a small amount of whatever you're craving - eat it. It'll settle the craving and will make it so you don't consume 1000's of calories in other stuff trying to satisfy that craving. BUT. If you think one bite will make you fall off the wagon, ignore the craving. Go and workout. Drink water. Brush your teeth. Do SOMETHING to keep your mind off the cravings.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Papastu is spot on. I find that if I don't "give in" to my craving it gets worse and I end up pigging out. Or, I try to fulfill the craving with something else that is on the healthly side and that doesn't work, so something else and that doesn't work so I eventually give in anyway and ate a bunch of extra calories on top of it. My most common craving is oatmeal raisin cookies. So, instead of making a whole batch I either go buy one or I make the dough and bake one and freeze the rest of the dough in single servings.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I eat. Everyone is different, but for me personally, when I don't take that one day a week to say to hell with calorie counting and eat however much of whatever I want, my weight loss slows. Now I do eat whatever I want the rest of the time, nothing is off limits but I account for it.
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    some days I give in, other days I tell myself NO! If you have been doing well and want to indulge a little, I say go for it. Try to have small portions and look up how many calories things are ahead of time. If I am going to a restaurant I usually check their website, or MFP database, to plan what I am going to eat, or at least narrow down the choices to healthy ones.

I tell myself no on the days when I know that I just won't stop eating. When there isn't one thing I want, but many things I want and will end up binge eating. Also, I drink lots of water on craving days. It doesn't take the craving away, but it at least means I'm filling myself up on something my body needs. This is helpful because sometimes it distracts me long enough, other times it makes me feel bloated and not want to eat whatever it was, or it just helps me feel full so if I do give in, there isn't much room for overeating. Good luck!
  • maricruz15
    Options
    thanx :) I'm going to try and work on my self control so i can eat all the yummy foods i like without getting to crazy . we all deserve to indulge a little. just wish i didn't feel guilty about it after.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I look at "Fat me" when I started and then what I look like now.

Works pretty good.