people age fifty and over

Options
would like older group to help me get motivated.just started fitness pal this week.current weight is 225,want to lose 80 pounds. think this will help me and hopefully i will encourage others also. emma

Replies

• Dustymodoc
    Options
    I agee. We need 50+ chats anf stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'd go for that!
  • njgrib
    njgrib Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    53 years old here, trying to reach my goal and quit smoking. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • forexfan
    Options
    Hello Emma,
    I'm looking for a more mature group as well. I am trying to get to a healthier weight as well. What have you tried so far?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I agree! Count me in!
  • onebigbutt
    Options
    Hi Emma, I'm 56 and have been using MFP since March. The weight is finally coming off and it feels wonderful! I'm glad you've decided to join us! There are some wonderful people here that are very supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend. . . LeeAnn
  • emma48209
    emma48209 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks to members who joined this group .Have been off website since July 2014, and guess what i stopped watching what i eat and gained twenty pounds back in five months.So hopefully some of these members are still in touch would also welcome new members fifty and older to this forum for support and encouragement and hopefully i can encourage someone too. Emma
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There's actually an ongoing 50+ group on this forum that's very active. It starts every month. I don't know how to find the actual link for it, but in Motivation and Support it's currently called: WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2014
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    There are groups for us but I prefer to keep it simple. There are many wonderful peeps here who will support you and guide you! Good luck!
  • juneey61
    juneey61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    54 next month here, my fitness pal has helped me to lose the weight i have already. also quit smoking last sept, after close to 40 yrs of smoking..
  • mickeycrazie
    mickeycrazie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just what I've been looking for. Just turned 52. Add as a friend if you'd like.
  • Staceyl50
    Options
    I will be turning 50 in February and have about 80lbsto lose. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • emma48209
    emma48209 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Determined to get back on track xtra weight causing pain on poor joints. What a difference twenty pounds makes...Emma