New and stuck!

Options
Hi I've managed to lose two stone with celebrity slim and slimfast but I'm struggling now and have issues with exercise. I do very very little physical activity, I have no motivation and suffer from anxiety attacks when i go out running. Why do people stare??
Anyhooo any and all advice will be very much appreciated :happy:

Replies

• keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Alot of people here have had alot of success with exercise DVDs like 30 Day Shred and P90x.
    You do those in the privacy or your home which should help with anxiety.
    A new 30 DS for October just started on the Motivation boards... not to late to join in.
  • BulldogCNM
    Options
    I hated getting all sweaty at the gym and I live in the city so running outside means A LOT of people staring. So I started doing home exercise DVDs. I am currently doing Jillian's 30 day shred and it's tough but it's only 20 minutes so you know that it WILL end. You only do any one exercise for 30 seconds-1 minute..so again it's easier to tough it out. Hope this helps!
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I have anxiety disorder as well so I understand but I'm just going to say this: I sincerely doubt they're staring. As a part of our disorder, we truly believe they are looking at us and critisizing us (how narcissitic of us to think that btw) but most of the time, people are so engaged in their own worlds they aren't looking at us or even thinking about us. And if they are, who knows what they're thinking? Before I started running and I saw a large person running I'd think, "wow, good for them. I wish I could do that." And now I just see anybody exercisizing and think, "way to go!"

Run around in your home if you have to in order to exercise. Do 30 Day Shred or any of Jillian Michaels videos. And I would say to stop "dieting" and change your life as those diet plans aren't sustainable. Eat fruits, veggies, protein and less refined sugars and white carbs and you'll see changes.
  • elinorrose
    elinorrose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I completely sympathise with your anxiety to go out running, I get incredible nervous exercising in front of people too! I tend to go for brisk strolls instead or do some exercises at home, this probably doesn't help you, but just to say good luck and I hope you find something that works for you :)
  • jenfa1911
    Options
    Hi thanks for all the replies,

Thanks I think i will have a go at the 30 day shred, that P90x looks like cruel and unusual punishment!!

I know that people aren't looking at me or I should think "so what if they are? It doesn't affect my life" but the niggles in my mind turn into hyperventilating and it all goes down hill from there.

and yeh the fad diet thing is a terrible idea but I'vedone it now and 13lbs in 3 weeks was too quick and easy to pass up :P