Do your pets exercise with you?

Options
2»

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Also I left my yoga mat out once overnight b/c I was going to use it again the next day anyway, and my dog peed on it! Never did that again!!!
  • TomehToxic
    Options
    White Labradoor called Brian :3

comes on everyrun and walk with me as hes the best rival :3

I'll never be as fast as him so it makes me work harder :3
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Also I left my yoga mat out once overnight b/c I was going to use it again the next day anyway, and my dog peed on it! Never did that again!!!

isn't that crazy? My crazy cat would do that as well, so nothing goes on the floor unless I'm right there with it!!
  • basicliving
    Options
    Our pup Dolly walks 4 miles a day with me. She's my motivation and won't leave me alone until she gets her morning walk :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My cat tries to do yoga with me. :smile:

LOL!! My cat insist on participating in my pilates adventures...lol
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    We took our mouse on a walk.....of course, that consisted of my daughter holding him while he crawled on her arms and sat on her shoulder. We're trying to figure out a way to tie a string around his rolly ball and "walk" him.
    you can get hamster wheels that are inside a dragster type car you could attach a string to the car bit
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    They frown on dogs at the rink...but it would be mighty funny to see them slip-sliding around like Bambi!
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My cat tries to do yoga with me. :smile:

LOL!! My cat insist on participating in my pilates adventures...lol

My cat likes to attack me when I do the 30 day shred lol. :)
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I live in Houston and it is hot/humid for 4-5 months of the year but I still try to take my dog out for a short walk (around 1 mile) every day because it is good for dogs to be walked every day. Kirby, my dog, is a beagle/poodle mix and weighs about 35 lbs. He's definitely not an athletic dog and he can't run for more than a mile or two at a time. I walk the trail at our neighborhood park, which backs up to our backyard. I usually walk the dog for a mile or so, then drop him off in the backyard and start running. As the weather gets cooler, he can run for 2 miles with ease, but I don't feel comfortable making him do more. He's really not a running dog.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    My lab comes on every walk and run with me, and sometimes she is underneath me during push ups but only cos she wants to play!
    She has benefitted from this as well, as she was on the chunkier side, now the vet is delighted with her weight and the fact she has a waist(just need to find mine now:laugh: )
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If I go for a walk/jog, I'll bring my dogs. My yorkie, Fiona loves to come lick my face when I'm on the yoga mat doing core work, so, I guess that's her way of working out with me!!!!!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a puggle. He is 1 years old and 17 pounds. We walk for about 40 minutes a day. He likes to run also.
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for my dogs, I wouldn't enjoy getting out and walking as much. They're just a part of my life, they give me so much.
  • nursenelson
    Options
    Tucker (schnauzer) comes with me pretty much anywhere. Hikes, walks, runs, he's my very best exercise partner. The only time he doesn't come with me is bikerides and the gym.
    He lives for exercise
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Where I live there is a dog "park" where you can take your dog to let run lose, or take for long walks in the wooded area behind the open field. I take my pup whenever I can, its hard sometimes though, because I work the night shift. But on my days off she comes almost everywhere with me :)
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My 2 year old black lab goes on huge hikes with me, on days off in the week I walk him for 1-2 hrs, at weekends all day often!

I tried taking him running however he gets tired and just lies down so I have to go back and drag him! Lazy dog.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have two Dalmations and a Belguim Shepherd. Jack, Dalmation is 13 yrs old and still thinks he's Pup and still loves a good five mile walk. Daisy, Dalmation is near 3 yrs old and Prince my Black Belguim Shepherd is 5 yrs old. All three are lean and fit. They all love it when I'm trying to lose weight because they get extra walks. Luckily I live in a rural area so it's all off lead walking in the fields and woods :happy: