Addiction = Green Tea

Options
Is there a limit on the amount of green tea? I drink green tea (herbal and pretty much plain, no sugar added, etc) like all day long. Someone told me I drink way too much. It's like my coffee (I don't drink coffee - dont like the taste at all, or the side effects it can cause) ... They said it can be bad for my bladder if I drink an excess amount. Is that true?

Replies

• krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am curious too... I drink about 32 ounces a day - nothing added here either.
  • awkwwward
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds like a whooollle lot of of BS. Yes, you can drink too much in a given day but that's going to take a lot and isn't just going to be composed of green tea. If you're drinking it with nothing else in it (no sugar, no milk, etc.) then you're getting your fluids in. The only concern would be the caffeine content but you either are handling that part just well or could drink decaf sometimes...
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hhmm well it is suppose to be pretty good for you in alot of different ways. How much are you drinking exactly? I have some friends who are health care professionals let me ask and see what they think.....good luck and I ll friend ya~
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    hhmm well it is suppose to be pretty good for you in alot of different ways. How much are you drinking exactly? I have some friends who are health care professionals let me ask and see what they think.....good luck and I ll friend ya~

Thanks.. Yea it's suppose to be healthy and I really love drinking.. And I get no caffeine and I think someone said something like because your bladder fills ups fast and often, etc.. But I didn't believe that.. I looked it up but didn't find much on it.. That's why I resort to MFP.. You all can be very helpful :)
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thats an interesting question! i have around 8 cups a day and i have been doing so for around a year now...its the only hot drink i really like!
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    Thats an interesting question! i have around 8 cups a day and i have been doing so for around a year now...its the only hot drink i really like!

Really? For a year? I drink just as much... Yea and you seem ok and healthy :)... Then ok just wanted to confirm! I'll just keep drinking my tea..lol :)
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Be careful it can cause constipation
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    do you bru it your self or buy the bottles one?

If you bru it your self I don't think there is a problem, but if you buy it bottles or powder mix, then I would probebly say slow down. Only because all the other stuff in it.
    This is my personal opinion, good luck!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    Be careful it can cause constipation

Your kidding?? Lol... Um I never had that problem..
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    do you bru it your self or buy the bottles one?

If you bru it your self I don't think there is a problem, but if you buy it bottles or powder mix, then I would probebly say slow down. Only because all the other stuff in it.
    This is my personal opinion, good luck!

I don't like tea that comes in bottles.. The worst is Lipton ...
    I brew bigalow organize green tea.. Or I go to herbal stores and get tea...
  • mznisaelaine
    Options

Oh yay! Thanks for this info!