is this too much?

Options
I had

oatmeal (instant apple and cinmon)

Surgerfree Jello
roll

2 peices of toast

then for dinner it's

homeade ham and bean soup (how much should I have?)

What should I have for a snack at nite time? I have vallnia pudding cups.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Have enough food to get to at least 1200 net calories.
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to say what's too much or too little just on that. You need to make your own judgement from the calories, and relate this to your own daily target.

For the homemade soup you can create a recipe and have exact calories and then just measure your portion out.
  • rlw325
    rlw325 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try and have more lean proteins and fewer processed carbohydrates throughout your day. That will make you feel satiated longer. Your choices aren't bad ones, but I would be starving if that's all I ate. Serve yourself one serving of the ham & bean soup. If you're still physically hungry go back and eat 1 more serving. For snacks: babybel cheeses, beef jerky, nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios), fruit (apples) w/ PB2 peanut butter, oranges, etc. A couple of slices of deli meat (nitrate free) w/ a laughing cow light wedge smeared in between the slices, some protein bars or fiber bars are always satisfying, too! I stick with a high protein diet. It's helped me lose 153 pounds. I shoot for about 100 grams of protein per day or more. Good luck!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    more fruit & veggies with meals. jello is not a fruit Eat snacks between meals, fruit, yogurt or cheese
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    @ 8g of protein, and 450 calories... no. You'll just end up muscleless, and having to fix problems later.
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    1000CALORIES REMAINING NET:450

As of now.
  • awkwwward
    Options
    Doesn't sound too much - actually sounds a bit too little for a day but only counting it will tell.
  • stardozer
    Options
    Ok. My mom said it was fine for now.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Eat more hun! It'll keep you more satisfied and keep your blood sugar in check. Eat some veggies, string cheese, small amount of nuts, yogurt (watch the sugar!). Salad with a little oilive oil/vinegar.
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Hi,

Had a peak at your profile - what a beautiful horse you have :-) My daughter has a horse as well, they are incredible companions for sure.

It looks like you should probably try and eat a bit more - and start adding in some fresh fruit and vegetables. You will feel better for it!

Good luck :-)
  • stardozer
    Options
    Hi,

Had a peak at your profile - what a beautiful horse you have :-) My daughter has a horse as well, they are incredible companions for sure.

It looks like you should probably try and eat a bit more - and start adding in some fresh fruit and vegetables. You will feel better for it!

Good luck :-)

Thank You!:smile:
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    Try and have more lean proteins and fewer processed carbohydrates throughout your day. That will make you feel satiated longer. Your choices aren't bad ones, but I would be starving if that's all I ate. Serve yourself one serving of the ham & bean soup. If you're still physically hungry go back and eat 1 more serving. For snacks: babybel cheeses, beef jerky, nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios), fruit (apples) w/ PB2 peanut butter, oranges, etc. A couple of slices of deli meat (nitrate free) w/ a laughing cow light wedge smeared in between the slices, some protein bars or fiber bars are always satisfying, too! I stick with a high protein diet. It's helped me lose 153 pounds. I shoot for about 100 grams of protein per day or more. Good luck!

Omg I'm so glad I took a look at this post and saw ur reply. I have been struggling with the whole protein thing. I read that I should be eating more protein, but am having trouble figuring out how much to really have. If you don't mind I would love to add you for advice from time to time.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I see from your profile that you live at home because you have a learning disability.

It's hard to know from that how much infomation is too much information, but it's important to try and get the main number on your main page as close to 0 as possible at the end of the day.

So on your main page, it shows a table like this

Your Daily Summary
    238 Calories Remaining
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1430 1388 - 196 1192
    (that's the numbers in my table for today, I can't see your table, that's private)

At the end of the day, the "calories remaining" number should be close to 0 as possible. If you find it hard to eat that much because you have done a lot of exercise that day, at least make sure that the number under "= Net" is over 1200.
  • stardozer
    Options
    I had 2 cabbage rolls and not the bean soup.
  • stardozer
    Options
    I just had an apple and coffee with fat free internatil coffee house white chololate mocha.
  • getfitagain
    Options
    add some veggies or fruits for the health/ fullness factor!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much you have to lose or if you have tried other weight loss sites before but sounds like you need to do some internet googling on different types of food programs. Try WebMD for starters, lot's of good info there. Remember what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. You should definately go to the goals section here and let MFP set your goals based on the profile info you enter. Start there for a month and see how you do. Tweek from there depending on results, but absolutely do not eat less than 1200 calories per day!
  • stardozer
    Options
    Not sure how much you have to lose or if you have tried other weight loss sites before but sounds like you need to do some internet googling on different types of food programs. Try WebMD for starters, lot's of good info there. Remember what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. You should definately go to the goals section here and let MFP set your goals based on the profile info you enter. Start there for a month and see how you do. Tweek from there depending on results, but absolutely do not eat less than 1200 calories per day!

im 5ft 1' and as of today I weighed 161 llbs and I want to get down to 150 for starters.