Looking for some food snobs like myself

Options
Rilke
Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
Hi all :) I am looking for foodie friends with a similar diet-style to mine.

I eat mostly clean, organic and/or free of preservatives, additives, fake anything, etc. Lots of veggies and fruit. Not much meat -- three servings a week or so. I eat chain restaurant food / pizza maybe once a month. I have some major food weaknesses (chocolate, potato chips, ice cream), but I seek out healthier versions of these and eat them in moderation.

I don't believe in things like soda, margarine, artificial colors, skim milk, Lean Cuisines . . . you get the picture :)

I feel myself falling into a rut sometimes and needing ideas for stuff to eat. I would like to add a few friends (without closed diaries) to my list here on MFP for inspiration and mutual support. Send me a message!

p.s. Please don't comment on this post pointing out things about my diet that you don't agree with / approve of. I just want to find some like-minded people.

Replies

• mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request now!
  • awkwwward
    Options
    Hi there, I'm mostly the same way. Minus margarine - they still don't make a vegan version of "butter" :P. I try to keep it as whole, as real, and as "in-it's-natural-state" as possible.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Me too -- although I admit I eat fake vegan cheese. :)
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to a plant based nutrient dense diet as much as I can. I'm a huge fan of Green Smoothies and getting in as much raw food as I can. I'll send you a friend request.
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm mostly the same way. Minus margarine - they still don't make a vegan version of "butter" :P. I try to keep it as whole, as real, and as "in-it's-natural-state" as possible.

Earth Balance makes a good vegan butter -- they carry both soy versions and soy free,whipped for breads and such, and sticks for baking.

http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds, ladies! I hesitated to post this, but I'm glad I did :)
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly the same as you. We try to eat clean, organic most of the time but like everyone else, I have my weaknesses. I make fresh juice at home everyday, and we eat lots of fruits and veggies! We do try to stay away from preservatives, boxed foods etc. Would love to be friends!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am a big time home cook, long term vegetarian, total fruit and vege lover, and total snob about teh flavour! Feel free to add me.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    Adding you. : )
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    lets all friend each other ;)