food scale

Options
mrau719
mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
I need one, bad. But I'm on a budget. Anyone know of any good ones that are inexpensive? I don't really need a fancy one that you can save foods and that tells you cals or anything like that. Just one that will measure my damn piece of chicken! lol

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Target or Walmart? They have good ones that just measure food......if that is all you want! They should have them!
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ive Got the Salter Nutritional Scale But Ive only got this because i need to count every carb my 5yr old eats (hes type 1 diabetic)
    But I love it
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    I got one at Walmart for just a few bucks. I've checked, and it is accurate. I don't remember the exact brand, but it's the cheapest brand they have. It's digital with a about a 6-in square, glass plate to set food on.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser food scale from Wal-Mart. I think I only paid $8 online.
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    I bought one in amazon for ~5 bucks. It isn't awesome but does the job. The nice thing about amazon are the reviews, many of them are quite useful
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I bought the cheapest one at Walmart too, and it works great. But you might also find one for even less at your local thrift store. I saw one there just after I bought mine at Walmart and it was about 50cents!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just checked Walmart and Target for you and the least expensive was at Walmart for $19. Amazon has a few between $13-20. Mine was cheap but I'm in the UK. It converts from ounces to grams and it does the trick. I LOVE having it, well worth the money.

Edited to add: These are prices for digital scales. I have one that isn't digital and it's really hard to get it right when you are weighing small items.
  • LamsieDee
    Options
    I just bought the Biggest Loser Scale to measure food at Bed Bath and Beyond for $19.99. it weighs up to 6.5 lbs. my daughter is a chef and she said buy the DIGITAL that you can weigh a higher amount. this one has a flat glass top, not a cup so I can measure a bigger item like a chicken leg or pork chop. it also measures the tare. that means you put your bowl or plate on and then reset to zero to measure the food and not have to subtract the plate. digital scales are a lot more accurate and easier to read.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    we bought the Oxo digital food scale at Target. it weighs up to 5 lbs, and also does kg/grams.. and the display extends out if you need to use a large bowl or something that would normally block it. it was bout $30 but totally worth it.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    ok cool thanks guys! I didn't think to check WalMart or Target
  • slickracer
    Options
    Get a digital one that can auto subtract out the weight of the container (i.e. put on the empty container...hit a button...add food....displays just the weight of the food.)
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Food Scale is so easy to use and it was $19.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond. ;)