Hello!

Options
Well, I am here to introduce myself. I am originally from the Caribbean islands - Puerto Rico to be precise. I have always been extremely small and healthy. I would exercise often and the food I ate was always healthy, until I left home and went to college. I was still eating healthy, but then about six years ago, I began struggling with my weight.

I sank into a horrible period of depression after my husband was deployed two weeks after our wedding. My depression worsened when I went to the doctor with acute pain on my lower abdomen only to find out that I'd miscarried. Being away from my family - since he is a soldier in the army - I didn't have anyone to turn to. I still ate the same amount of food, but didn't exercise.

I gained 20lbs in the last five years. I am no longer depressed and I have slowly - with my husband's help - picked up the pieces of my life. I want to become the person I was a long time ago. She isn't gone, just hiding in a dense smoke curtain. I want to bring her back and be healthier! It's time to open the curtains and let the light shine in.

Replies

• Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Heyy! Welcome to MFP!

You've been through a lot. but yet i can tell you were strong enough to survive all what happened.

This is the right place to lose weight. You'll go back to who you were and maybe even better. So, don't worry about it.
    Life's good. You'll lose the weight! :)

Good luckk!
  • princessstokoe
    Options
    hey there, welcome I am new here to and loving this site there are so many great people on here with inspirational stories. x
  • Gualirix
    Options
    Thank you! It's great to be here. I've heard great things about this website. So, let's start this journey and never look back!
  • adeleisbeautiful
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage, and about the weight gain! I know how you feel, gaining weight.

If you need support, I'll be here :)