Newbies vs. Veterans

Holy cow, is this becoming and episode of MTV's "The Gauntlet"?

I copy and pasted my own comment so it could reach a few more people...

I know some of the "veterans" on this site get a bit wound up seeing the same questions over and over, but please keep one thing in mind...

They may be repetitive questions to you but it's a very real and new question to the person who's asking.

We're doing nothing but bumming each other out by posting *sigh* as a reply.

Sure, sigh to yourself if you'd like, but either answer the question, reply with a link to the answer, or just don't reply at all.

Keep lifting them up not making them tentative to ask another question.

Replies

• ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Holy cow, is this becoming and episode of MTV's "The Gauntlet"?

I copy and pasted my own comment so it could reach a few more people...

I know some of the "veterans" on this site get a bit wound up seeing the same questions over and over, but please keep one thing in mind...

They may be repetitive questions to you but it's a very real and new question to the person who's asking.

We're doing nothing but bumming each other out by posting *sigh* as a reply.

Sure, sigh to yourself if you'd like, but either answer the question, reply with a link to the answer, or just don't reply at all.

Keep lifting them up not making them tentative to ask another question.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Maybe we could have an archive of past posts? That could be helpful to all....?

zen
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I agree with you Adrianne but it gets annoying when the same person has to make a different post about the same thing that has been answered on her/his previous post. I am more than willing to answering and help out my fellow MFPer but I'm just getting fed up. BUT.... I will just ignore it now and will move on to the next post.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    I like the same old questions I need to hear the answers over and over again. And let us not forget that as veterans we have results to prove the answer.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    EXTREMELY well said ahertel0214! If you don't like what's being asked, don't respond.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I agree with you Adrianne but it gets annoying when the same person has to make a different post about the same thing that has been answered on her/his previous post. I am more than willing to answering and help out my fellow MFPer but I'm just getting fed up. BUT.... I will just ignore it now and will move on to the next post.

And then argues the answer!!:grumble: But I just won't read that persons posts anymore. I totally don't mind the same questions but the same person over and over again... It drives me nuts:explode:
  • ahertel0214
    There is an archive - you can enter a few key words into the search field and it will pull up everything that pertains.

I'm just hoping to remind everyone of the old saying...

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
  • Healthier_Me
    Exactly my point!
    Everyone is not going to agree with what you believe is right so if you don't want people going against you, don't post.

<
    will be a good girl now:devil: :laugh:

• i think regardless, people are going to post things that have already been posted. if it is someone that has posted the same thing then oh well! maybe it just wasn't understood those other times. people take in their information differently and that shouldn't be bad. this is a site for support. if it drives you nuts then maybe you should go blow off some steam by working out or something. maybe the same person who's driving you nuts will be helping you out in the long run.

live life positive, your wasting more energy leaving such negative comments.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

And then argues the answer!!:grumble: But I just won't read that persons posts anymore. I totally don't mind the same questions but the same person over and over again... It drives me nuts:explode:

Just say to yourself "Serenity NOW!!" (Seinfeld reference Joanna:laugh: )
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Oh My! We have an archive? I didn't know that, where is it? I'm usually on the food tab:laugh: :laugh: or the community tab, or e-mailing someone. I don't mind people asking questions but I am having a hard time keeping up with all the posts so I feel out of the loop. Was someone not nice to another teamate? Wow all I have ever gotten here is positive support even when I asked something I probably should have known. Well gotta go and see if I need to read more. :bigsmile:
  • Healthier_Me

I think I know who it is you are referring to, I feel the same way.:laugh:

Just say to yourself "Serenity NOW!!" (Seinfeld reference Joanna:laugh: )
    :laugh: :laugh: LMAO!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh SN LOL!

• ahertel0214
    My point isn't "If you don't want to people to go against you, don't post"...

Just be NICE/FRIENDLY/HELPFUL. :flowerforyou:

And, for the record... Joanna is my friend, this isn't directed solely at her.

Everyone, have a phenomenal day!
  • Healthier_Me
    My point isn't "If you don't want to people to go against you, don't post"...

Just be NICE/FRIENDLY/HELPFUL. :flowerforyou:

And, for the record... Joanna is my friend, this isn't directed solely at her.

Everyone, have a phenomenal day!
    I know this isn't directed to me.. if it is, Oh well... I needed a swift kick in the booty b/c I was getting caught up with all the hoopla so thanks Adrianne:bigsmile:

Well, I'm off to take a well deserved shower thanks to Billy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Serenity Now*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    I posted this in another topic, but I wanted to repost it here as well.

I know there has been some frustration about multiple posts being made on the same topic or question. I'm thinking about better ways to solve this problem.

However, the primary purpose of the forums is to let people communicate with one another and meet one another. Duplicate topics, while repetitive, at least help people meet each other which I think is very valuable for everyone involved.

So, at least for now, I want to make clear that duplicate topics ARE allowed, and ask everyone to try to remain patient with those who post them. New users especially are not as familiar with how the site works, and may not know how to see if the same topic has been asked before, or have any idea that a question they have is a common one. And the last thing we want to do is discourage people from posting by making them afraid of posting a duplicate.

Thanks everyone. Let's remember that we're here to support each other!

Hope you're all enjoying the site.
  • ahertel0214
    Thank you Mike - that is exactly what I've be trying to help everyone understand.

It would be a tragedy if someone who was new to this site was discouraged and decided not to return.

We appreciate what you've built here, and promise to help nurture it while it grows and helps many more people!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Hope you're all enjoying the site.

Of COURSE we all are! (If I may speak for *everyone* :smile: )
    Thank you, Mike.