minor victory 20 miles walked in six days

Options
This week was rough for me. I buried my grandmother, and I truly felt down and didn't know how I was going to keep going. Plus I had made some bad choices this week and it showed on my scale. I knew that my grandmother would not want me to sit there crying my eyes out, eating my feelings and gaining all that weight back that I had lost. She would kick me in the high horse and tell me to get off my rump and do something. She always told me how proud she was of me and that I was looking great every time I saw her. So on Tuesday when my husband got home I went out for a walk, not only to just get some air but to clear my head. After my walk I felt so much better. I thought to myself why don't I make myself a little challenge while he is home for the next six days? I told myself "Pearl Marie you are going to walk twenty miles the next six days, if not get close to it or over it. No matter how the weather is, or the I don't want to feeling. You will do this!"

So I walked everyday. My goal was to reach twenty miles before he had to go back to work this evening at four o'clock. I can not express the joy I am feeling right now. I am to the point to where I want to go outside and do kartwheels. This little challenge put me at: five hundred and twenty two minutes! That is one thousand seven hundred and sixty three calories burned this week! Here is a link to view my photos as I walked.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150832289605244.736462.842380243

Tuesday: 4.2 miles

Wednesday: 5.2 miles

Thursday: 2.0 miles

Friday: 5.7 miles

Saturday: 2.2 miles

today: 1.3 miles.

Grand total: 20.6 miles

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!