Alright fitness pals, give me your best baked chicken recipe

Options
davidpm
davidpm Posts: 208 Member
I have over a pound of chicken breast and I want to make some good healthy meals for the week. I'm going to make a stirfry on the stove, but I'm entirely a rookie at making baked chicken. What healthy recipes to do you make?

Replies

• obstacleone
    Options
    as much salt and as much bbq sauce you have. also to balance out the salt throw in like a bunch of sugar. If you have it, add syrup.

don't listen to me.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    just put it in a skillet with some worcestershire sauce and spices... wont add any calories, but will add a ton of flavor and it will stay juicy and cook quicker than baking in the oven
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    whatever spices you like spread over the chicken and baked at 350 for 40 min or so... You can also pound them flat with a meat mallet and then dredge through some egg and roll in panko and spray with cooking spray and bake for some chicken fingers....Left over baked chicken works great in casseroles, salads, and soups....

Hope that helps
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    as much salt and as much bbq sauce you have. also to balance out the salt throw in like a bunch of sugar. If you have it, add syrup.

don't listen to me.

I was going to say, I think you are in the wrong place for posting that!! LOL!
  • bonnybee
    Options
    oven baked chicken is amazing! Roll it in olive oil and bread crumbs...
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oven-Baked Chicken
    1 Tbsp margarine
    2/3 cup "Bisquick Heart Smart" mix
    1 1/2 tsp paprika
    1 1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    3 - 31/2 lb - cut up chicken (remove skin)
    Prep time 10 minutes - bake time 50 minutes
    Heat oven to 425 melt margararine in 13 x 9 baking dish
    Stir bisquick mix, paprika, salt and pepper, coat chicken. Place meaty sides down in dish (dish and margarine should be hot).
    Bake 35 minutes, turn chicken. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until juice is clear when chicken piece is cut to bone.
    (5 servings)
    This recipe can be adjusted smaller if you don't want to cook this much. (If you don't have the bisquick mix I believe you could use regular flour).
    I have used this recipe and like it. I hope this information is helpful, good luck with your cooking. fg
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    poach it!!!

in a deep skillet, brown an onion and garlic, and then add some herbs and spices, a bay leaf and a few cups of chicken broth, and a cup of water. you're going to need enough liquid to completely submerge the chicken. cover the skillet and bring the liquid to boil. when boiling, put the chicken in, and bring to a simmer. cook covered for 15 minutes, and then turn off the heat and leave the chicken in the warm liquid for another 15 minutes. Remove from liquid and serve with those onions on top.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    This is Awesome you have to try it...

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.

I'm poaching a couple right now in all kinds of good spices. That's going with a steamed cauliflower.

I'm cooking on in a skillet with worchester and garlic and mixing that with a nice pepper mix.

Lastly I'm baking a few using whole wheat bread crumbs. Gonna pair that with some steamed broccoli.

It's gonna be a good week!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    In the future if you have time, marinate in low fat yogurt + spices, it will be unbelievably moist/tender when cooked.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ok this is very nice and very healthy but is done on the top of the stove in a pressure cooker and it tastes brilliant

Chicken breasts cubed
    2 x large chopped diced onion
    2 x Pak Choi (Chinese cabbage)
    Chopped celery (as much as you want)
    4 X asparagus (chopped)
    Green beens as much as you want(runner beans etc)
    3 cloves of garlic
    2 x chicken stock cubes
    dried chilli flakes or fresh chilli (as much as you want)
    2 x teaspoons of turmeric

Put all into pressure cooker and just use enough water to cover contents.....steam for 4 -5 mins.......fantasic !