Love handles?

Options
What are some exercises to tone those love handles? (Isn't that what they call that roll between the underarm and the waist?)

Replies

• food4thought7
    Options
    love handles are the hips!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    OH well......my family calls this different then. Sorry....

My question is for the section between the underarms and the waist?? Thanks....
  • Eagles320
    Options
    side crunches and lat pull downs will hand the target area you want to tone.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    False. You can not spot tone. You can lose overall fat reducing that area along with the other areas of fat on the body.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I know what you are talking about,
    this is a belly dance exercise it helps strengthen gain control on the lats, the area between the armpits and the hips.

Stand up straight shoulders low, feet shoulder width apart.
    make sure your pelvis is level with the ground (stick you butt up)
    Now do the twist.
    if you angle your pelvis downward it will effect your lower lats, while when it is level with the ground it effects your upper lats.

You can do this while watching TV, or listening to music.
    Good luck!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Cardio to reduce fat & strength & target training & to gain muscle…, It’s that simple. (Crunches are a muscle builder.)
  • AlynLeigh
    AlynLeigh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love handles are those things on your sides between your bra line and your panty line (also called a muffin top when its over your pant line or is part of the belly "tire" when you have it all the way around like me... for now ^_^). Google the term and look at pictures and thats exactly what you get. And yes there are muscles under there that you can exercise to get ride of some of them. All of it is considered core training. You can do various types of crunches to work on them. I like working with the stability ball (just ordered one of my own!!) cause it is much more comfortable and you can do you stretches and everything at home watching TV or something.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    if you never do anything again go buy yourself Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.. take before and after pictures... its 25 mins a day every day for 30 days. you will be AMAZED at the difference in your core area!!! trust me- i've done it :p if you want to see some just search 30 day shred results and there's a whole long page of people's pictures... you WILL see a HUGE difference!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump...