Should I document my job as excerise?

Options
I am starting to work at a hospital on the 3rd. (tomorrow) It is an EVS job which intells ALOT of constent moving. I will be walking all over the hospital and cleaning rooms and such. It is a fast past job and I'll always be moving and I work 9 hours with a lunch break and regular 15 min break. Should I document the walking as an excerise. I put it down as a 2.5 walking pace for 8 hours and it said i'd burn over 1,000 calories is that right? or should I just not really worry about it?

Replies

• sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'd just count your job as active and not add the calories.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Change your activity level.
  • jpriantj
    jpriantj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you first signed up for MFP it asks what kind of work you do. I think you should change your overall settings to get a new calorie goal. I wouldn't add it as exercise daily. Just my 2 cents.
  • angelica0292
    Options
    OkmI kind of figured. Thank you!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others about changing your activity level in your settings. Marking it as exercise could give you the false impression of being able to consume more calories than you are actually burning... and any progress may backfire. Good luck with your new job!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, just change your activity level.
  • angelica0292
    Options
    Okay, how do I change that though?
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Okay, how do I change that though?

Go to Settings and then select "Update diet/fitness profile". You will see an option in there for "Lightly Active" which even gives "nurse" as an example. :) Select "Active" if you feel you will be walking/lifting more than that.