61-years-old and 89 pounds thinner

Options
I joined myfitnesspal today. It looks like an interesting site. I am working to lose the last 38 pounds. Wish me luck. You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

Replies

• JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You can teach anyone anything if they have the mind and determination to do it:)

Congrats on your loss(only time a person can say that:) Good luck with the rest and welcome to MFP:)
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Thank you, JustEllieK. It really is about a lifestyle change, isn't it? I feel fabulous and want everyone else to experience this feeling too.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Good for you, what an accomplishment! You look fabulous!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work and welcome!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!

I agree!
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    How awesome for you! You look fabulous. Welcome to the site- it truly is a great place.
  • flutterby6973
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!!! i just told my mother who started dieting a few weeks ago when she turned 60.... she is excited about your story and it gives her hope :)
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are looking great! You are bound to find lots of support and encouragement on this site.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Thank you, MaggieHolmes. You look great yourself. I think the support is very important for all of us.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Flutterby6973. Tell your mom to NOT give up. I am not quitting until I reach my goal. I could hardly walk across a room when I started. Now I have so much energy that I am bursting. Thanks!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Thank you, Abcerc. This does look like such a helpful site. Gives this old timer a new lift. :))
  • dawniegirl128
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Congratulations on losing the 89 pounds. I have joined recently too.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Good luck, Dawniegirl128. You can do anything once you make the decision to do so. Good luck!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Beautiful picture, YogiGirlLucy. You look so healthy! That is my goal. Thanks for the encouragement.

@Staops065 - Thank you and best of luck to you too.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you are here. I am 54 and have 120 pounds to go. I have lost 19-20 so far (haven't weighed in two days). It really is nice to know that someone over fifty can be successful .Add me as a friend if you like.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, Hoppymom. It is harder to lose weight as you get older, but it is NOT impossible. We just have to work at it a little harder. However, you absolutely can do this. I am down 89 pounds over the past 18 months and "only" have 38 more to go!
  • anitadues
    anitadues Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP about 2-3 weeks ago, and just decided to try to find someone closer to my age. I will be 58 in December and I'm a granny, too. I'm REALLY impressed with your weight loss before joining this site. How did you do it?
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    A total lifestyle change. I am eating healthy and exercising daily. Diets don't work. I push myself to do something each and every day. I feel awful now when I don't exercise. It is like breathing to me now. Good luck anitadues. You CAN do this too!
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - and happy. Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me, I'm only a few years younger than you. :)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Wow ! Look at you ! Turned back the clock quite a bit I think.