What type of scale do you use?

Options
Just curious what type of scale everyone uses at home. I have a weight watchers scale.

Replies

• LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My first "real" scale was WW... then I moved to a Health-o-Meter. Now i have a Taylor. I'm a scale junkie. LOL
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    lol....I had to look, only knew I bought it at Walmart...Health o Meter. I had never owned a scale until I started on MFP
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol....I had to look, only knew I bought it at Walmart...Health o Meter. I had never owned a scale until I started on MFP

Neither have I, this is my first purchased scale.
  • getskinnyk8
    Options
    Thinner is good. My WW one is kind of wacky.
  • larat71
    larat71 Posts: 60
    Options
    I bought the WW one, but I keep having trouble getting it to "tun on". It says to tap the surface, but it doesn't always come right on. I WILL tell you that it is extremely accurate. I weighed something in my house that I already knew the exact weigh of and it was dead on:)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    This is the one I bought a few months back (when I decided I was serious) and I LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1317583333&sr=8-4
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Soehnle digital scale. I am not 100% happy with it, because it usually shows 3 different values when I weigh myself 3 times. It also doesn't register small changes, so I usually weigh myself with something heavy and then without. I repeat that a few times and then take the value that showed up most frequently. I have looked into buying a new one but judging from Amazon reviews there are always a few reviews saying the results are not accurate so I don't really know what to do. I don't want to spend a huge amount on it either. So until then, I'll just stick with the one I have.
  • leylaaa87
    Options
    I'm on my second Tanita scale. I've had this one for five years now and still love it. I'm not an ironman (errr ironwoman) but I wanted to know my body fat %. It doesn't seem that accurate but it does seem to stay within a 5% range for me.

http://www.tanita.com/en/bc554/
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second Tanita scale. I've had this one for five years now and still love it. I'm not an ironman (errr ironwoman) but I wanted to know my body fat %. It doesn't seem that accurate but it does seem to stay within a 5% range for me.

I looked at that type of scale (measuring body fat and so forth) I am just curious as to how that gets measured? Silly question??
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i always wanted a digital scale... coz it would be too hard to see the correct weight on the other one.... i found this one... n i find it very cute!!!! :love:

dsc0267ku.jpg
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    me and my fiance use a Health-O-Meter scale because it's digital and has a large LCD display and it tracks weight loss for two people! :)

you step on, takes your weight, then scrolls through "1" and "2" on the lcd and you just tap the right corner for whichever person you are and it'll tell you what you've lost/gained since the last time you weighed yourself.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just curious what type of scale everyone uses at home. I have a weight watchers scale.

You enquiring about a food scale or a body weight scale?
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

You enquiring about a food scale or a body weight scale?

Body scale
  • leylaaa87
    Options

I looked at that type of scale (measuring body fat and so forth) I am just curious as to how that gets measured? Silly question??

Not a silly question!

I'm not sure 100% how it works but it's bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) wand it sends electrical currents through the bottom of your feet and back to the scale, which will then interpret it. I've never felt this electricity and apparently it depends on how hydrated you are. More hydrated=high bf%

I will say that the readings it goves me are in the range of caliper measurements I've gotten. But it does vary A LOT. There's a huge difference between 22% and 27% and so I'll never really know what I am.
  • clubbybear
    clubbybear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use the WII Fit balance board as a scale. Also have a regular scale, a Tanita, with digital readouts.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mine is made by Thinner, i like it becasue its round and it registers in 0.2 intervals, so far it has been very accurate :) I bought it at walmart.

http://www.walmart.ca/Home/Storage-Organization/Closet-Storage/Thinner-Precision-Round-Digital-Glass-Scale-with-Analog-Dial