How often do you weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• weigh in every morning Same time... i dont stress over the small ups and downs but if i get the same reading 3 days in a row i log it. And then i dont allow myself to go 0.2kg over it again... except during the week of my period then i count nothing and i dont weigh in at all... that week is just not worth the hormonal drama of any gain :)

i find daily stops me from eating badly i see every up and down daily and it pushes me at the gym :)
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, multiple times a day. I don't obsess about the number. It's fascinating to see the fluctuations throughout the day and across the month. If I'm doing better than usual at that time of day cool. If not, hmm. No changes really just wondering. I log my morning weights unless I forgot to weigh nekkid. That way the graph shows the fluctuations and I can see the pattern very clearly. I have "official " weigh ins twice a week.

It just works better than once a week for me.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh one or more times a day and became a wee bit obsessed with it.

My doctor told me off and told me to get rid of my scales because I shouldn't ever weigh myself. I totally disagree with that, but found weighing once a week was much better for me.

Now I've moved onto maintenance I weigh on Thursdays and Mondays, but Mondays is my "official" day.
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    When i'm my goal weight-once a week to make sure I havent gained any weight...but i'm pretty slim so notice an extra 2kg VERY easily (1kg i don't notice)
    When I'm trying to lose weight-2-3 times a week. I read the same study a few years ago.
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    I weigh every day, multiple times a day. I don't obsess about the number. It's fascinating to see the fluctuations throughout the day and across the month. If I'm doing better than usual at that time of day cool. If not, hmm. No changes really just wondering. I log my morning weights unless I forgot to weigh nekkid. That way the graph shows the fluctuations and I can see the pattern very clearly. I have "official " weigh ins twice a week.

Intersted to hear what sort of fluctuations you get over a day?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I weigh whenever I feel lighter. LOL
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    So do I! Haha
  • simplycee
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day first thing in the morning but only record once a week, same day each week. Works for me. The only time I get frustrated is when I am pms'ing because I retain water during this time and it shows on the scale.
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and take off all my clothes and make sure I pee before! I used to weigh once a week a few months back and then I had a couple of surprises where I gained weight. I feel like weighing everyday (even though it fluctuates) helps to keep me in check!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

Intersted to hear what sort of fluctuations you get over a day?

I'm always at least 2 pounds heavier at night before I go to bed. (in the bathroom to brush teeth and take care of any last bit of business). I sometimes come in from a run, weigh myself and might be up a little or down a little. It has happened that I'll weigh myself after a bath, sometimes having washed my long hair, and I will weigh less after the bath than I did right before. Sometimes as much as a pound! It is truly stunning. I weigh myself when I first wake up on one of the official weigh in days for my challenge. I've weighed X at 4:30 (just woke up and had to pee) and then gone back to bed and done nothing else and weighed X+1 pounds at 5:30.

If I weigh what I weighed this morning any time after noon, then I'm gonna have a loss tomorrow unless I eat a bunch of salt.

I always have precipitous weight loss, gain back a bit and then maintain or slowly lose. the maintain period is my period. I also notice that my stomach seems more jiggly, and then I have a big drop.

Its all bizarre and truly fascinating.
  • dlbarroso
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I don’t obsess with it, I just like to understand the daily fluctuations, and I’m trying to make sure, as I increase my calories, that I’m not gaining weight.

Same here!