Valentine's / Singles Awareness Challenge

Options
I've joined several other challenges so far. Now to extend the time frame out a little further I am creating this challenge for Valentine's / Singles Awareness Day!! Those of us who are single may already know that Feb. 14 is also S.A.D. I really do hate that acronym.

How to join:
Send me a message which includes your start weight and your goal weight for Feb. 14 and I will put the info on the spreadsheet

You can send me your updated weight entries at whatever time interval you prefer (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly - and final weight on 2/14) BY MESSAGE ONLY and I will put the info on the spreadsheet.

*Since these threads can get very long, I will not be checking it for updates so please always message me your info.*:flowerforyou:

You can view the google doc @ the following:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aig2jkLJdYEydGVhN1RYbHEwLTJkT0ZpSDFwUHYzS1E&hl=en_US#gid=0

Just copy & paste the url above and bookmark the page.

Looking forward to this challenge with everyone! Please let me know if you have a problem with the link.

Replies

• jaimieht
    Options
    Sent you a message :)

replying to post so it goes in my topics list, lol
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    "Singles awareness" makes it sound like a disease :L
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump (for later)
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    May as well put me in.....I will still be single and walking a lot.

Considering that the closest thing I can get to a date is in a bag of dried fruit. :laugh:
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Considering that the closest thing I can get to a date is in a bag of dried fruit. :laugh:

:laugh: LOL - Too funny! But, the same is true for me. I wouldn't have a clue about dating these days. Haven't been out in about 10 years!:noway:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Sent you a message :)

replying to post so it goes in my topics list, lol

I'm doing this too!
  • cds2001
    Options
    Only 8 people have joined so far. Where's everybody?
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Only 8 people have joined so far. Where's everybody?

Out on dates??
  • vettermr
    Options
    Same here. Need to save!
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I already messaged you a few days ago to join the challenge....

I'm responding here as a reminder for myself.

SW: 190
    CW: 182
    GW: 155 (2/14/12)
  • mjshmily
    Options
    If I meet my goal for Valentine's day I am taking me out for something special!
    I have no idea what yet-maybe a pedicure, maybe get something done with my hair, I dunno. But it won't be a stay home and sulk alone night! If I don't meet my goal I guess I'll be alone at the rec centre in town!
  • cds2001
    Options
    If I meet my goal for Valentine's day I am taking me out for something special!
    I have no idea what yet-maybe a pedicure, maybe get something done with my hair, I dunno. But it won't be a stay home and sulk alone night! If I don't meet my goal I guess I'll be alone at the rec centre in town!

I say you treat yourself either way for all of your hard work! The fact that you would go out and do something at all is great compared to me I think. I can be a loner, yet can't do anything alone, on my own. Go figure!!
  • mjshmily
    Options
    Well then we both do something and come back and post it!!!
  • dalison
    Options
    Hi - I have just joined fitness pal and this sounds like a great challenge. Just started - so starting and goal weight are the same :)

SW - 194.5
    CW - 194.5
    GW - 170 (2/14/12)
  • carrotsandcherries
    Options
    I've already joined by I want this on my 'my topics' so I can check back.

Also, if I accomplish my goal I think I'm going to take myself and my mom (who is also single) out to a nice healthy dinner.
  • mjshmily
    Options
    :-( I am heading into Canadian thanksgiving and could use some support. I am not sure if I should just have a one day bingefest, or if I try to stay within moderation or if i should just have one small plate but make it nothing but stuffing and gravy.

or if i should serve everyone and then replace all my daily calories with alcohol.

any words of wisdom?-note: I am a stuffing addict. it's like giving a person crack.
  • cds2001
    Options
    I've been away and just now saw your post about thanksgiving. How'd it go?? For major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas I myself would say enjoy! As long as you get back to it the next day of course. Actually for the past 4-5 years we no longer cook for the holidays. We go out to eat. So you can only do so much damage I guess -- even at the Thanksgiving buffet we go to. For me, I eat so much more at home in front of the tv. I can literally eat for 1 hour straight or more. But, when we go out to eat it takes no time for me to be full. I love stuffing too -- and all the other carbs. That's my downfall.

Well, I weighed in this am and gained another pound back. At 204 again. I'm hoping to do well this week to try to make up for it.
  • cds2001
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. So far everyone is doing better than me - that's for sure. I added a new column -- suggested by armymil -- that is labeled LBS Before Goal so you'll know just how many more lbs you've got to ditch before V'day!

I've gained -- so I'm 1 lb above my starting weight for this challenge. At least there's still 4 whole months to go.......
  • mjshmily
    Options
    I don't think I have even sent in a weight....was hoping for a miraculous drop!