Carb amount assigned by MFP

Options
Just wondering how many of you have changed the carb amount that MFP assigned you when you entered all of your info. Based on my info, MFP says I should have 165g per day. That seems awfully high to me and I am eating no where near that amount. I just upped my protein amount as I am always eating more than what MFP recommends (which was 15%). I'm thinking I should lower my carb amount seeing as how I don't come close to it.

Replies

• Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I also upped my protein but have no idea about what my carbs should be. Still learning how to tweak this stuff to really fit my personal needs.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I think 40%c/40%p/20%f is a good place to start. Try it for a few weeks and tweak from there. I stick with the 40/40/20. Works for me. Good luck!
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you think that the carbs are too high, then don't worry about it. If there is something that you'd rather track you can change what you look at under food and then settings. I track my sodium and sugar more than anything else.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I also lowered my carbs and upped my protein. I have a family history of diabetes and have been, for the most part, following a lower carb diet (not low carb or no carb, but lower carb) so I have MFP set at 135. If i go over somedays, no big deal.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I also lowered my recommended carbs, I just couldn't get in that much and I am much more a protein lover anyway. I like how the tool autoadjusts the protein and fat as well when you change the carbs. Set it to what works for you. I absolutely also track the sodium and sugar and really work to achieve at or under on both of those. I don't get too worked up if my protein is a little higher or carbs a little lower, just try to keep over all calories in check.
  • dlbarroso
    Options
    I think 40%c/40%p/20%f is a good place to start. Try it for a few weeks and tweak from there. I stick with the 40/40/20. Works for me. Good luck!

Thanks! I was also thinking that my fat amount (10%) seemed on the low side and I always end up going over it. I will set it to 20% and see how I do.
  • dlbarroso
    Options
    I have been tracking my sugar and sodium as well but staying within those numbers didn't seem unrealistic at all and I have been able to do so. The carb, protein, fat just seemed so far off to me.

Thanks everyone!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Your carb intake depends on your goals. In order to lose weight, it is best to start out at 100 grams of carbs until you get the hang of it and then try to stay between 100 grams and 130 grams. This is the advice I have obtained from my weight loss doctor and team of nutritionists.
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 80. I always try to fill up on carb free protien. I cant let go of my VITA tops or eles Id go carb free :)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i upped my protein too and changed all my #s.

i changed my:

Carbs to 50% (that's as low as i think i can go, for now at least)
    Protein 30%
    Fat 20%

and i increased my fiber to 25mg
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Your carb intake depends on your goals. In order to lose weight, it is best to start out at 100 grams of carbs until you get the hang of it and then try to stay between 100 grams and 130 grams. This is the advice I have obtained from my weight loss doctor and team of nutritionists.

i wish that i could have 100g of carbs! for me, it just isnt happening! LOL i am way over that every day, but still under what it tells me though. :smile:
  • dlbarroso
    Options
    Thanks everyone!