P90X advice PLEASE HELP!!

Options
My friend gave me the P90X extreame home fitness dvd workout videos, so i want to add the ab ripper to my daily work out which is 5-6 days a week and also add the plyometrics and the cardio once during the week to change it up.

So this is what I was thinking:
M,T,F= 990xab ripper 15mins and run 45min@ speed 5.0+ up/down hill program-tread mil
Wed.= p90x cardio 55min &15 min ab ripper
Thur= p90x plyometrics 55 min and 15 min ab ripper

From what I have researched so far if you can keep up the same pace as the videos you should burn about 600 calories per video?? My main goal is to lose weight and lose my belly fat thats really all I want to achieve.

I am currently lossing 1-2 pound per week and I have also lost inches so I want to continue that trend. I am just not sure and any addvice is appreciated. Please help.

Replies

• SlwNStdy
    Options
    follow the schedule they way it is written!!!
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Why not do the whole program? It seems like you're neglecting some of the weight stuff. Doing some weights, even if they're light is a GREAT way to burn fat and lose weight.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    giving your abs rest is more useful than working them every day, or so I heard Tony Horton say once.

working different muscle groups back to back is ok, but working the same one (ex: abs) will just wear them out with no room to repair and grow. doing ab ripper every other day is probably a better bet than every day.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I just started the P90x and would like to have some support as I go along. I am going to try to also get some nonP90x work outs in. If you want a buddy to do the whole program just let me know. I started last week but feel off the wagon midway, so it is going to be starting at week one tomorrow for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I guess I agree with trying the whole program, but... I typical hybrid is to follow the program except:
    Switch out Kenpo X for running if running is your thing. Also you can sub Legs and Back for a running day as well. Have you tried Ab Ripper??? Most find it a challenge 3 times a week.
    Personally if you have the disks, you might as well try the program, its awesome and I have lost almost 30 with it. I feel great, strong and balanced.

JoAnn
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I think by skipping the resistance portions of the workout, you would be missing a key part of the program. It's through the resistance that you make the most gains.
  • majolley
    majolley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Glad to hear you are going to crush P90X. As for AbX only do it 3 days a week. The key to P90X is muscle confusion strength workouts, cardio, strengtth , etc. If you are wanting to burn more you can do the doubles schedule... as for how much you will burn it will depend on the person themselves. I burn anywhere from 400-750 on P90X workouts. If you follow the program and eat clean(abs are made in the kitchen) you will see results. I started my fitness journey with P90x last year and will never go back to my old ways it feels to good :-) If you want to chat more you are more than welcome to. I have done P90X and many other beachbody programs and am excited to get the P90X2 :smile: I will add you as a friend on here too. One thing to know is with this program on average there is going to be some adjusting your body will go through (possible weight gain) so do take day 1 pictures & measurements because the scale might not be the best indicator of your progress. I lost only 8 pounds w/P90X but lost tons of inches in the midsection etc... Go Bring IT !!!
  • Epichen
    Options
    Your workout plan sounds good. My only advice if for you to keep in mind that diet is extremely important while doing P90x. And by diet I mean "feeding" your muscles. Be sure to have protein within the 1st hour after working out (your body is still reved up and burning calories). Cut back a lot on sugar and stick to carbs with low glycemic indexes. Remember, we don't gain weight overnight, so it takes a while to lose it too. Also, stretch, stretch, stretch!! AFTER your workout.

Keep up the good work
    :flowerforyou:
  • stochat
    Options
    This is my Journey::
    http://myp90xjourney55.blogspot.com/
    I feel I have lost inches in the belly!!