New Kid on the block

Options
OK here I am starting a new day. I did this last year for a month and lost some weight. I have figured out that even though I hate counting calories, this is what it is going to take. I put so much in my mouth that is "extra" and that I am often not even aware of. That is my main problem, i think.
Thanks for this great sight. ...and happy week end to you all.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lessofme2
    Options
    OK here I am starting a new day. I did this last year for a month and lost some weight. I have figured out that even though I hate counting calories, this is what it is going to take. I put so much in my mouth that is "extra" and that I am often not even aware of. That is my main problem, i think.
    Thanks for this great sight. ...and happy week end to you all.
    :flowerforyou:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good luck. I hate to count calories too, but it is an eye opener when you do. That feature has helped me so much.
    You can do this.
    Pam
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Funny you used that as your title, when I joined that's what I said too!

Welcome - you'll love it here.
  • liz123
    liz123 Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome, New Kid. The great thing about this site is that it really does make it easy to count calories. It's been a real eye-opener for me to see just how many calories some foods have. I love the frequently used foods function that starts building a list for you of foods that you eat often. It does take a little effort but it's worth it. You'll do great....keep your goal in mind.:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • lessofme2
    Options
    You guys are great. It encourages me to see how much you all have lost already. I look forward to making one of those sliders for myself and seeing it move toward my goal. I am psyched!:flowerforyou: