Sugars?

Options
Ok I finally hit my goals today on calories and everything except sugars. I have been eating lots of fruit but now I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Are sugars from fruits ok or not? Im eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies along with a few higher calorie things along the way. I keep fighting to even get in all my calories. Any suggestions anybody?

Replies

• TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I only worry about processed (non fruit and veggie ) sugars. ;)
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    I only worry about processed (non fruit and veggie ) sugars. ;)

Well see that's what I was thinking, ty so much for your reply!
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    I generally only worry about processed sugars and very sugary fruits. Some fruits are better for us than others.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Your body doesn't know whether the sugar you put into it comes from a fruit or a cookie or a sugar bowl; however, fruit is obviously much healthier than a cookie. :) So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • apee24
    Options
    Ty so much everybody I was worried about it because I have been trying soo hard to do good.
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well the truth is is that fruit is good for you but bad if eating alot and in the later half of the day. I love grapes and the same haps to me. I was told by a professional to eat fruit in morn and lunch but not afternoon if possible. It is natural sugar but it is still sugar which is also carb and also adds up quickly....unfortunately!
  • apee24
    Options
    Well the truth is is that fruit is good for you but bad if eating alot and in the later half of the day. I love grapes and the same haps to me. I was told by a professional to eat fruit in morn and lunch but not afternoon if possible. It is natural sugar but it is still sugar which is also carb and also adds up quickly....unfortunately!

Ty so much for your input on this. I tried dieting before where i filled myself with fruits and veggies mainly and didn't realize that I was really getting to much sugar. I just assumed that fruit was good, the more the better. I'm still learning about this whole process.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't watch my sugar anymore because I eat at least 3 different types of fruit a day & I've cut right back on sugar in other forms.

I'm losing weight & am healthy so I must be dong something right :)
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the sugars in fruit. I've always ate A LOT of it (it's 90%-98% of my intake most days) and it's never affected my weight loss.