Baked Ziti :)

Options
khollyk
khollyk Posts: 150 Member
Never thought I'd be able to enjoy one of my favorite comfort foods, Baked Ziti, while on MFP unless it was a cheat day, but WRONG!

I used the recipe off of skinnytaste.com (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/low-fat-baked-ziti-with-spinach.html) and adapted a little. Mine came out to be 321 calories for 1/8 of the 9x13 baking dish...so it's a pretty good serving size. Here's what I did:

- 1 box Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate
- 1 can Woodstock Farms - Organic Crushed Tomatoes With Basil
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Made With 2% Milk
- 8 oz. Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup 100% Parmesan Cheese - Shredded
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 10 oz. Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed, with the water squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup Roasted tomato marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tbsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375°.Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with oil spray.

In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside in the sprayed baking dish.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt, pepper, marinara and crushed tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.

Make sure you're at medium-low heat and add in half of the mozzarella, and all of the parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well, allowing the flavors to blend then transfer to the baking dish, on top of the cooked pasta.

Mix the sauce with the pasta and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.

ENJOY!

Replies