Anybody feel like this

Options
Hey,
Does anyone else feel like they are neglecting other parts of their lives for a healthier life? Sometimes I feel guilty because my life is struggling in every other area of my life but I want to get healthy. I don't know how to balance out my life. I just wish that I didn't feel guilty because nothing else is falling into place.

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I felt that way at first but have found over time that if I take care of myself I can take care of others better. This shows in my home, my children, my husband, my schooling and my job.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    i did at first, but not anymore. i neglected myself for years while i took care of everything and everyone else!! it's my turn now!!!
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I sometimes feel like a healtier lifestyle affects my social life. Most of the times my friends go out to have appetizers and a few drinks, but that usually doesn't fit well into my diet. If I know I want to go with them I try to save enough cals for a few drinks at least, but it's hard not to get into the appetizer.
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been having a very tough time with this! I work full-time, and I'm in grad school full-time. Juggling all of this and trying to be healthy at the same time (along with whatever life decides to throw my way) is really tough. It's a daily struggle for me, and I would be lying if I said I never succumbed to "bad" snacks once in a while. Sometimes I have to reduce workout times or skip them altogether. But every day is a new day, and I strive to always improve.
  • rkeil29
    rkeil29 Posts: 17
    Options
    I feel the same way, that's probably why i have quit so many times in the past. I think i finally had a moment a week or so ago and realized that this should be a priority in my life and i am important enough to do this for myself. I owe it to myself and my family to get healthy again and teach my kids healthy habits. Good luck to you! Regardless of everything else going on in life that we have no control over, we should put our own health first.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I always felt guilty because my skinny hubby wasn't getting his dinner cooked and he had to fend for himself. It was just temporary cause now I don't even want all that fat. The carbs still look pretty good sometimes though. lol

You are important enough to take time for only you.
    I have trouble with that myself..
    Keep smiling. :flowerforyou:
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem... I tend to FOCUS so hard on one part (weight loss or whatnot) the other parts suffer... I suck at balancing... but unfortunately I have no advice.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    In the beginning, yes! My hubby was even jealous that I was working out. But after long talks and constant reassurance on my behalf he got over it and I feel better. It gets better sis....
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's like they say when giving the in-flight safety briefing, put on your oxygen mask first before looking to help others. If you don't look out for yourself first what help will you be to others?