low sugar foods

Options
Hello,
I need some cool ideas to eat for a meal that does not have a ton of sugar in it. If anybody can help please let me know. It can be breakfast ,lunch ,dinner, it does not matter to me. Thanks

Replies

• jannean2
    Options
    Do you like oatmeal? Quick oats makes for a low sugar breakfast. If you like it sweet, you can add trivia or another artificial sweetener. There are also many non sugar cereal brands. I have also discovered the great taste of sugar free jams, so you can make a great PBJ with less sugar using one of those.

I am diabetic and I have been told that I really don't need to look at the sugar, if I pay attention to the total carb count. You need to keep your carbs between 40 and 60 for a whole meal. This isn't hard to do if you like vegetables and stay away from things like pasta and starchy foods. At Mcdonalds, you can eat the chicken selects or nuggets and apple dippers without the Carmel sauce.

I am not sure this information is helpful. There are so many ways to answer this. Remember it is all about portion control. You don't have to eliminate the sugars, just cut back on them. Also, if it isn't made naturally, grown or raised...you may want to cut it out of your diet.